Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

the solution to climate change

36 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

The Deep State run by Ben Mankiewicz won't let them. 

They probably have Dennis Miller locked up in a closet behind the set. LMREO

I'm just saying that historically liberalism seems to like it when the other viewpoint gets no presentation.

I mean just how easy is it to win an argument when your side is the only argument?:huh:

1 minute ago, NipkowDisc said:

I'm just saying that historically liberalism seems to like it when the other viewpoint gets no presentation.

I mean just how easy is it to win an argument when your side is the only argument?:huh:

I don't think the people around here care too much, as long as the movie is well made, informative and/or entertaining. But if the best you have to offer is a Robert Conrad TV movie from 1982, maybe work on making some better flicks.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

The "other viewpoint" is incorrect though. You can ask scientists. Jimmy Kimmel had a funny joke about this on one of his late night episodes -

A lot of these groups are insisting that I "present both sides of the argument", and I'm not going to do that either, because — well, for the same reasons that I wouldn't present both sides if a group of people decided that pancakes make you gay. They don't. And there's no point in discussing it.
—Jimmy Kimmel

9 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

I don't think the people around here care too much, as long as the movie is well made, informative and/or entertaining. But if the best you have to offer is a Robert Conrad TV movie from 1982, maybe work on making some better flicks.

Reminds me of my youth in Los Angeles, and when I'd read the L.A. Times front to back every single day.

Conservative columnist George Will, a very intelligent man with a large and impressive vocabulary, had a daily column in that publication's Op-Ed section at the time. And, while I'd often find myself in disagreement with his personal take on the issues of the day, I would also find myself respecting his abilities to intelligently express the conservative viewpoint.

(...aaah, the good ol' days, and before said conservative viewpoint was taken over by all these freakin' dumbazzed inarticulate idiots we see now days...ah yes, how I miss those good ol' days)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dargo said:

(...aaah, the good ol' days, and before said conservative viewpoint was taken over by all these freakin' dumbazzed inarticulate idiots we see now days...ah yes, how I miss those good ol' days)

You mean Tweeting is inarticulate? :P

14 minutes ago, limey said:

You mean Tweeting is inarticulate? :P

Yeah, pretty much I'd say, limey ol' boy.

I mean, wasn't "Tweeting" basically started in order to facilitate teenage girls in communicating to their kind who they thought were the "hot boys" in school and/or for some adults to share with others what they were eating at some fancy new restaurant they've just discovered? ;) 

(...it sure as hell doesn't seem to be a place to post cogent and comprehensive thoughts about someone's views of geopolitics anyway, wouldn't ya say?!)  

1 minute ago, Dargo said:

I mean, wasn't "Tweeting" basically started in order to facilitate teenage girls in communicating to their kind who they thought were the "hot boys" in school and/or for some adults to share with others what they were eating at some fancy new restaurant they've just discovered? ;) 

Well, tweeting really took over from the old Instant Message programs (which in turn took over from the even older Bulletin Board systems). Once everyone and their dog had instant access to broadcast their stream of thought via cell phones with tiny touch keyboards, the art of articulate prose took something of a major kicking.

7 minutes ago, Dargo said:

(...it sure as hell doesn't seem to be a place to post cogent and comprehensive thoughts about someone's views of geopolitics anyway, wouldn't ya say?!)  

Amen.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dargo said:

AND btw...where the hell has the freakin' moderator been since this thread was started (accidentally according to ol' Nip the OP) in this General Discussion forum?

And SO of course it can be moved to where it truly SHOULD reside..."Blowhard Central"!

(...aka, the "Off-Topic Forum"!) 

Got stuck in the snow.;)

12 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

yeah, hollywood has been a real bastion for conservative political thrillers.:P

3 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

The "other viewpoint" is incorrect though. You can ask scientists. Jimmy Kimmel had a funny joke about this on one of his late night episodes -

A lot of these groups are insisting that I "present both sides of the argument", and I'm not going to do that either, because — well, for the same reasons that I wouldn't present both sides if a group of people decided that pancakes make you gay. They don't. And there's no point in discussing it.
—Jimmy Kimmel

so kimmel makes up his mind for all of us. how liberal.:lol:

12 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

so kimmel makes up his mind for all of us. how liberal.:lol:

So Fox News has no political stance? If you cast your net wide enough, you'll find a wide range of views available across different media & you don't have to have your mind made up by anyone other than you.

And to echo Dargo, how on (climatically controversial) earth has this thread managed to clog up the General forum for this long??

Be off with thee to that other place! (The thread, not you Nip.)

• Haha 1