Thom20

TCM Backlot St. Louis Chapter

10 posts in this topic

Is anyone interested in starting a chapter in the St. Louis area?  If so, please let me know.

• Like 2

Hello, I just joined backlot and I am interested in creating a chapter in st louis.  I  do not know anyone else that is interested in creating a chapter.  I understand to create a chapter you need five people.  Is that correct?

• Like 1

My husband and I would like to start a St. Louis Chapter.  We also have another couple that would probably like to join too. 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:03 AM, margiem said:

Hello, I just joined backlot and I am interested in creating a chapter in st louis.  I  do not know anyone else that is interested in creating a chapter.  I understand to create a chapter you need five people.  Is that correct?

10 hours ago, DmPcmTCM said:

My husband and I would like to start a St. Louis Chapter.  We also have another couple that would probably like to join too. 

It looks like we have enough people to start the chapter, assuming DmPcmTCM's other couple joins.  Does anyone know how to set up an actual chapter, or have any ideas where we would meet?

Just curious as to whether or not this chapter ever going?  It appears you might be the closest chapter to me, but you are still two hours away.  I am not actually a Backlot member yet because I'm trying to decided if it is worth the money.  Can anyone share what being a Backlot member is really like?  I mean are the benefits worth it.  Honestly the only real pluses I've seen that interest me are connecting with other fans, which is what I can already do here, and the t-shirt. :lol:  But I would really like to know others thoughts on this club.  I have to be honest, the fact that so few people have posted in this thread is not encouraging.  Nor is the fact that most of those whom have posted have not posted anything else.  So if you are still out there please let me know. ;)

I am a backlot member but I live in KC. I've tried to get one started here and have had zero response. I would be interested in joining but wouldn't be able to make every single movie and most likely only the Sunday showings. 

On 8/4/2018 at 7:29 AM, Shannon_Lionheart said:

I am a backlot member but I live in KC. I've tried to get one started here and have had zero response. I would be interested in joining but wouldn't be able to make every single movie and most likely only the Sunday showings. 

WOW!!!!!  ALL THE WAY FROM K.C.!!!!!  THAT IS SOME KIND OF COMMITMENT!!!!!  I only live two hours away and I was trying to imagine how I could make it, but K.C. is a whole different story.  I love your enthusiasm. :D

Can you tell me about being a Backlot Member?  Are the benefits worth it, especially given the fact that you've had trouble starting your own chapter in that market?  I am a bit surprised by that, but the membership fee is a bit steep . . .  at least it seems that way to me.  :rolleyes:

Dang, sorry I missed your response for so long.  I've been so busy I work I haven't been able to get my TCM fixes in as much as I'd like. :lol: