Sign in to follow this  
darkblue

I Met Both My Wives at Work - Now Office Romances Are Biting the Dust

11 posts in this topic

Well, yeah. If "NO MEANS NO" then that means no courtship, no begging, etc. You'll simply get asked out and if the answer is "no", the door is closed. There will be no wooing. In the workplace especially, there is going to be a hands off policy. I'm glad I'm 60 and don't care about this stuff anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, calvinnme said:

Well, yeah. If "NO MEANS NO" then that means no courtship, no begging, etc. You'll simply get asked out and if the answer is "no", the door is closed. There will be no wooing. In the workplace especially, there is going to be a hands off policy. I'm glad I'm 60 and don't care about this stuff anymore.

If "metoo" had existed back in the 60's, 70's, 80's - and even 90's - I'd be wealthier and way less rueful than I am now.

9 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Both wives meeting at work.

Oh, man!

But it was different women at different times at different works to which I referred.

I can't imagine two women fighting over darkblue....

Even at 20 I knew not to date anyone met at work-not co workers or clients.

And then I thought, "does it REALLY matter?" and accepted a date from a co-worker. Disaster. No second date. That made seeing that person every day at work uncomfortable. That person was upset with me & talked badly about me to everyone I worked with. (hey-we were 20!) Then, he started dating someone else in the company, and SHE turned nasty too! They ended up getting married....good for them. ...and I learned never to even socialize with co workers, it can turn bad quickly.
  • Sad 1

:D

In MY case, it'd be that one of the women would be angrily saying, "Take him BACK!", and the other responding, "NO!  You KEEP 'im!"   :lol:

Now, I don't know how it goes in OFFICES, as both me and my wife worked for GM in the FACTORY when we met..  And WE'VE been married 30 YEARS now, with no end in sight or even considered. :)  ;) 

Sepiatone

10 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Now, I don't know how it goes in OFFICES, as both me and my wife worked for GM in the FACTORY when we met

Meeting your esso at work is extremely common.

• Confused 1

Sad, as office romances spice up the place.  I met my husband at work, and where we were there were many relationships going on, the place was jumping with it!  I'm long gone from there and no doubt things have changed.

• Like 1