Sign in to follow this  
FloydDBarber

What is this all about?

12 posts in this topic

TCM...... Baaaaaad.....

On 2/10/2018 at 12:13 PM, FloydDBarber said:

This Community is Not Available

Please contact the community owner for assistance.

got this today all afternoon......

so what happened??

:wacko:

Kind of considered my computer was on the fritz, as the forum was giving me numerous issues. But even the browser on my Amazon TV stick didn't work, nor my Amazon tablet. I had just entered a post that never made it.

Oh well, I didn't break it.

The servers were down. Either a technical problem on their end ("someone spilled a drink on something important"), or server maintenance. It's happened before, but not with that same error message. However, I think this may have been the first substantial outage since the last major upgrade, so that may be the new default error message when the servers are down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

"I couldn't access the message boards for almost 24 hours. I kept getting a message that read something like "This community is not available." Very odd. There was also something about contacting the site administrator."

I mentioned this on another thread, but you have answered my questions about the issue, LawrenceA. Thanks.

Okay, I'm getting the same message today ("This community is not available"), but I can access the message boards if I go to tcm.com and then click on "Community."

This won't help anybody today who can't access the message boards now, but maybe it will be an option in the future.

Are the servers still down? I am having the same issue six months later.

Not sixty seconds, not six hours, not six days. Six Months!

1 hour ago, FloydDBarber said:

Are the servers still down? I am having the same issue six months later.

Not sixty seconds, not six hours, not six days. Six Months!

I only get that message if I'm already signed in and click on the drop down Community "Message Boards" link. Check and see if you are not already signed in. If you are sign out then sign in. 

If you are already in the community and click to enter again, you will get that message. I think it will happen even if you are not logged in. Once inside the community, navigate with the menus inside the community.