Sign in to follow this  
FloydDBarber

Musical interludes.

2 posts in this topic

Would anyone know anything about the musicians that are hired for the musical interludes on TCM?

I am a drummer and the drummer on some of the music has been very creative.

How much is recorded in Atlanta, Hollywood, New York or wherever?

TCM once used a continuous shot of a big band and you saw the backs of the musicians. I remember the drummer as being very aggressive, in a good way.

I still think of TCM as Ted Turner's station but have no idea if Turner is still a big part of it. I'm sure stuff is taped on the west coast.

On 2/10/2018 at 1:30 PM, FloydDBarber said:

Would anyone know anything about the musicians that are hired for the musical interludes on TCM?

I am a drummer and the drummer on some of the music has been very creative.

How much is recorded in Atlanta, Hollywood, New York or wherever?

TCM once used a continuous shot of a big band and you saw the backs of the musicians. I remember the drummer as being very aggressive, in a good way.

I still think of TCM as Ted Turner's station but have no idea if Turner is still a big part of it. I'm sure stuff is taped on the west coast.

You posted this in the section devoted to the annual TCM Film Festival held in Los Angeles. Very few people look at this section unless they are interested in attending the festival.

You may get a better response in either the "Information Please" or "General Discussions" sections found in the main message board listings above.

• Like 1