Sign in to follow this  
universalkaiju

What's with Attack of the 50 Foot Women?

60 posts in this topic

On 2 of my posts here, people start talking about the 50 foot women even tough it has nothing to do with the topic. I'm not blaming anyone but it's just strange.

3 minutes ago, universalkaiju said:

On 2 of my posts here, people start talking about the 50 foot women even tough it has nothing to do with the topic. I'm not blaming anyone but it's just strange.

No matter what the topic, I always try to bring in references to the film with the 50-ft. woman, being that Allison Hayes sure made a sheet sheath look good, plus every time I see model displays of new building sites in miniature, I start putting my hands in through the windows and calling out "HARRY...WHERE ARE YOU, HARRY???"

Sorry to hear you don't appreciate such homages to the film. I bet you don't like Yvette Vickers either, spoilsport!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, universalkaiju said:

There's a particular poster who repeatedly brings up that movie. I'm not sure if he's sort of joking and still thinks the same joke is funny after repeating it many, many times, or if he just has a one track mind. There are 3 or 4 other movies he brings up a lot. If he's annoying you, it's best just to ignore him, but he really means no harm, and can be amusing if he stays away from politics, which is rare. 

• Like 2

It could be worse. We're way overdue for another "Why Doesn't TCM Show Marie Osmond Movies" thread.

• Haha 4

It could be worse. Maybe this poster mentioned by Lawrence has a fetish for Allison Hayes, and then he would post Youtube scenes from the classic "The Hypnotic Eye" with Allison as Justine and Jacques Bergerac as Desmond the hypnotist. And any poster watching the videos could get hypnotized into only posting in threads about Allison Hayes. I always dug her early hair style with the frosted sections. She was definitely before her time, before Audrey Hepburn's time too, at least in hair coloring!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, universalkaiju said:

Women?? It's Attack of the 50 Foot Woman!

There can be only one! (any more and the poster to which LawrenceA refers may explode...) :P

• Haha 4

I will say that Attack of the 50 Foot Woman has an amazing poster (in fact, I have it in my living room) despite it being misleading.  The 50-foot woman never grabs cars off the freeway in the film! 

attack-of-the-50-foot-woman_u-L-EO7VV0.j

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

I will say that Attack of the 50 Foot Woman has an amazing poster (in fact, I have it in my living room) despite it being misleading.  The 50-foot woman never grabs cars off the freeway in the film! 

Hmm ... I never noticed there were cars and a freeway in that poster.

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

One of the most celebrated of '50s sci fi posters, to be sure.

But there were other sci fi/horror posters that were fun too, in which sex played a prominent role in their appeal

Vintage+Sci-Fi+Movie+Poster+%25281%2529.

s-l300.jpg

(I don't know if this is an actual film or just a stage show, but it is one good poster)

mum.jpg?w=640

513iongWilL.jpg

c94120d98788e58e25c2ac9ca20921ce.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I want to get this poster as a companion to my Attack of the 50 Foot Woman poster:

a1.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, speedracer5 said:

I hope she's wearing some underwear!

Love that poster; the movie would have been much better if she had grabbed cars off the freeway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ChristineHoard said:

I hope she's wearing some underwear!

Ooh maybe that's why there were so many wrecks on the overpass and why so many others have abandoned their vehicles to stand right underneath her uh... lady parts (don't want to get this thread removed!). Even the cops are stopped on the road below! 

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Ah yes, but a 500 foot woman, as depicted by the poster, could certainly do it!
Such are the limitations of a 'B' grade sci-fi movie budget. ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

I want to get this poster as a companion to my Attack of the 50 Foot Woman poster:

a1.jpg

I miss all those Bert I. Gordon 'B' sci-fi horror flicks that I used to thrill to as a kid.

Esp. The Amazing Colossal Man (1957), and it's sequels, The Cyclops (1957) and War of the Colossal Beast (1958).

TCM has shown The Cyclops a couple of times, but I can't recall seeing the other two here?
Also been a long time since they aired King Dinosaur (1955) and Beginning of the End (1957).

14 minutes ago, Stephan55 said:

As yes, but a 500 foot woman, as depicted by the poster, could certainly do it!
Such are the limitations of a 'B' grade sci-fi movie budget. ;)

Uh oh... 500 foot? That's done it.... breath deeply Ni....

explosion-clipart-free-clipart-images-2.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, CaveGirl said:
12 hours ago, universalkaiju said:

No matter what the topic, I always try to bring in references to the film with the 50-ft. woman, being that Allison Hayes sure made a sheet sheath look good, plus every time I see model displays of new building sites in miniature, I start putting my hands in through the windows and calling out "HARRY...WHERE ARE YOU, HARRY???"

Sorry to hear you don't appreciate such homages to the film. I bet you don't like Yvette Vickers either, spoilsport!

12 hours ago, LawrenceA said:
12 hours ago, universalkaiju said:

There's a particular poster who repeatedly brings up that movie. I'm not sure if he's sort of joking and still thinks the same joke is funny after repeating it many, many times, or if he just has a one track mind. There are 3 or 4 other movies he brings up a lot. If he's annoying you, it's best just to ignore him, but he really means no harm, and can be amusing if he stays away from politics, which is rare. 

12 hours ago, CaveGirl said:

It could be worse. Maybe this poster mentioned by Lawrence has a fetish for Allison Hayes, and then he would post Youtube scenes from the classic "The Hypnotic Eye" with Allison as Justine and Jacques Bergerac as Desmond the hypnotist. And any poster watching the videos could get hypnotized into only posting in threads about Allison Hayes. I always dug her early hair style with the frosted sections. She was definitely before her time, before Audrey Hepburn's time too, at least in hair coloring!

I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything like that, it's just I didn't understand what it had to do with anything.

13 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

And the cars would have been easy pickin's as the drivers were too busy looking UP to notice she was reaching for them! ;) 

Probably thinking the highway dept. put in a new TUNNEL. :D

Sepiatone

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, CaveGirl said:

It could be worse. Maybe this poster mentioned by Lawrence has a fetish for Allison Hayes, and then he would post Youtube scenes from the classic "The Hypnotic Eye" with Allison as Justine and Jacques Bergerac as Desmond the hypnotist. 

Or, maybe he just wants to post that same danged plastic-model picture for no reason, and has to find one every day.

3 hours ago, universalkaiju said:

I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything like that, it's just I didn't understand what it had to do with anything.

I think he's just trying to start his own "meme." 

Then there is the "remake,"  Attack of the 50 Foot Cheerleader.  A new classic from 2012. A Roger Corman production and an update of his 1995 Attack of the 60 Foot Centerfold.

Image resultImage result

• Haha 1

And don't forget the 1993 HBO remake of Attack of the 50 Foot Woman starring Daryl Hannah.

affiche-l-attaque-de-la-femme-de-50-pied

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Judging by scale that is the 100 Foot Woman.:lol:

Anyone back then ever thought of making a film where the Colossal Man meets the 50 foot woman and make earth shaking love?:P

451full-the-amazing-colossal-man-poster.

• Haha 2