Sign in to follow this  
longtimer

programming changed

58 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

limey said: That's the key thing - we can't stop the future, only shape it a wee bit. My folks used to express the same kind of concerns, which one always dismisses out of hand during the immortality of youth - then you find yourself doing exactly the same thing...

Whenever I'm ridiculed for recycling & boycotting stores like Wal*Mart, I just have to respond with "I'd rather be part of the solution than adding to the problem."

So quickly we forget how when we all stand up together we can shape our society-just look at the civil rights movement and disability rights.

Not going to disagree with your general thought there, but I'm also not going to be too critical of someone on a budget getting their prescriptions from Wallys for $4, when they cost 5 times more elsewhere.

• Sad 1

I'm not saying it was necessarily the case with this thread, but I'm always suspicious of trolling when I see a poster with next to no posts and the first thing he/she does is create a thread to knock TCM. Time after time after time we never see these posters again. But I've also noticed that they get what they want, a lot of responses.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, limey said:

Not going to disagree with your general thought there, but I'm also not going to be too critical of someone on a budget getting their prescriptions from Wallys for $4, when they cost 5 times more elsewhere.

I could really go off on a rant here, but suffice that I certainly believe that it is disgraceful for the pharmaceutical industry to have such political clout in this country that they are allowed to "rape" the general populace with impunity for the sake of obscene levels of corporate gain (read that greed).
Of course those sentiments can easily be applied to a host of corporate "industries" in the states, and elsewhere. :angry: sadly. :(

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Stephan55 said:

I could really go off on a rant here, but suffice that I certainly believe that it is disgraceful for the pharmaceutical industry to have such political clout in this country that they are allowed to "rape" the general populace with impunity for the sake of obscene levels of corporate gain (read that greed).
Of course those sentiments can easily be applied to a host of corporate "industries" in the states, and elsewhere. :angry: sadly. :(

Nailed it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stephan55 said:

If it were not for Longtimer, we may never have seen the thoughts expressed in this great post.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Thenryb said:

If it were not for Longtimer, we may never have seen the thoughts expressed in this great post.

Long live Longtimer.

1 hour ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

Long live Longtimer.

Haha, Great song. Nice tribute, to a "fan" who has decided to leave us, but will not be forgotten....
For a "longtime" around here. -_-

• Like 2

Here are a couple more. 

This is from the same band.  Great refrain.

Here is their singer Chris Norman, and what he looks and sounds like today.  Here he is with his current band, singing a duet with a 1980s German pop star, at a music festival in Russia.  He originally did this in 1978 with Suzie Quatro, and that became a hit in the US.