moontan

Help me! What is the name of this movie?

3 posts in this topic

Please help me. Someone out there may know this movie shown on TCM in 2016 or 2017. I do not remember the name of the actress, but TCM was honoring her for the day. The movie is in black & white, a romance and drama. I got into the middle of the story. If my memory is not foggy, this woman owns the apartment building or is taking care of it for some one. The residents of this apartment building are having a picnic, I think on the roof of the building, and then it begins to rain. This woman is waiting for a man to call her and visit it, but someone else comes to visit her. They both like her. I never saw the end of the movie, on purpose, because I wanted to see it again from the beginning, so I thought of renting it at the library, but they didn't have it. So I've been waiting for TCM to show it again, but now I have forgotten the name of the movie. Perhaps someone out there knows what movie and actress I am talking about. Just the name of the actress or another actor in it might ring a bell.

The rain on the rooftop sounds a bit like a scene from The More The Merrier with Joel McCrea & Jean Arthur, although the plot is not quite what you described - does the image below ring any bells?

the-more-the-merrier3.jpg

• Thanks 1

That's it! What a memory you have. Thank you so much limey. The More the Merrier (1943) it is.  I will keep my eyes open to see if TCM plays it again. I will request it.  By the way, I like your profile photo of Donald Sutherland in Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978).

• Thanks 1