Sign in to follow this  
28Silent

Gloria Swanson classic finally

2 posts in this topic

Finally, after so many years. paramount is finally releasing on Blu-ray the 1925 Gloria Swanson classic stage-struck, with its original beginning and ending two color technicolor sequences, that was restored way back in 75 or before.It will be released in April, Do you know how long I been waiting for that since I saw that a.b.c special, about  Paramount's anniversary.25 to 75 and I saw that color sequence, That's when I found out that the silent era used color.I have been waiting for that long for that film to be shown on.v I even had to ask t.c.m if they would show it.Finally, it's going to be available.for us classic film fans who are fans of the technical side of film history too this is great.The only problem is they are overcharging, because of the vats and tariffs fees as they sell Blu Ray blank discs in Japan.

There are a few Gloria Swanson Blu-rays out now or coming soon.

ZaZa (1923) was released last June from Kino-Lorber. It's $16.49 on Amazon at the moment.

Stage Struck (1925) will be released April 10, from Kino Classics. The current pre-order price is $29.95, but it will drop (most likely to $19.99) by the time it gets released.

Manhandled (1924) will also be released April 10, also from Kino Classics, and also at $29.95.