Sign in to follow this  
shutoo

!!OSCAR QUIZ!!

63 posts in this topic

11. All This and Heaven Too? ( just a guess, haven't seen this film in years, but I think Bette talks about a snow globe in the film) ???

ps shutoo we're on different time schedules, by the time I get on the bds. you've already posted the new photos and the night owls get there first LOL

4 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

11. All This and Heaven Too? ( just a guess, haven't seen this film in years, but I think Bette talks about a snow globe in the film) ???

I sure hope you are right. Scrolling back to 11 is getting tedious.;)

4 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

ps shutoo we're on different time schedules, by the time I get on the bds. you've already posted the new photos and the night owls get there first LOL

I'm sorry about the time..I thought posting around 9pm est would be okay for people on both coasts, and in between ..there's only one more group to post..any requests on time today?

As far as number 11..no, not the one.  This snow globe is featured throughout the entire film..very important 

6 minutes ago, shutoo said:

I'm sorry about the time..I thought posting around 9pm est would be okay for people on both coasts, and in between ..there's only one more group to post..any requests on time today?

As far as number 11..no, not the one.  This snow globe is featured throughout the entire film..very important 

#11 Kitty Foyle?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OMG! I thought of Kitty Foyle when you first posted it but ruled it out because I thought the snow globe had a house not a person in it. Whacking my forehead right now :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, shutoo said:

YES RIGHT NOW because I'm on site right now LOL

As far as 33 goes, I've ruled out Marty because I remember it was her face that we saw and the angle of the couch was different when she was watching the tv. I've also ruled out Lee Remick, Anatomy of a Murder, Days of Wine and Roses and also ruled out the movie Face In the Crowd because I think the movie you're thinking of might be earlier than those. I think Ed was on the tv in those films and I think it's ED in that photo you posted or at least his show and those were Ed's curtains on the tv I think. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

33 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I'll keep trying.

you don't have to..hint hint...

1 minute ago, shutoo said:

you don't have to..hint hint...

LOL but now to decide which of the 4 I mentioned. Originally my gut feeling was Marty, so I'll go with that I guess ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

LOL but now to decide which of the 4 I mentioned. Originally my gut feeling was Marty, so I'll go with that I guess ?

I, on the other hand, will go with Anatomy of a Murder for 33:D

4 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Whew! So glad it turned out to be Marty, don't you just LOVE that film. Her hair also made me think of Betsy Blair.

I do love it..initially, I was going to show a sign from the Stardust Ballroom, but the Sunday evening scene is just so heartbreaking, I couldn't resist...

5 minutes ago, shutoo said:

I do love it..initially, I was going to show a sign from the Stardust Ballroom, but the Sunday evening scene is just so heartbreaking, I couldn't resist...

I grew up in the Bronx, I've seen Marty a gazillion times. I'm always looking out for familiar landmarks in the film. Marty and Clara walk on Fordham RD past the RKO movie theater. 

Fordham Rd. was where we did a lot of shopping, across the street is the Lowes Paradise Theater, my JHS and HS graduation was there. I grew up one block from Webster Ave and the 3rd Avenue EL train that's in the movie was visible from my kitchen window, although Marty and his group lived on the other side of Webster Ave. Marty had some of the very best location shots in any film. I'll never tire of this film :)

Everything has been id'd..yay!  Here's the final group--I saved the easiest and most difficult for the very last...

36.  vQyAnM2w.png

37.  oiJIkDlk.jpeg

38. 11Gi2K4T.jpeg

39. Px93GAUS.jpeg

40. s7fxpKrc.png

41. 1rSizqjp.png

42. 2AJMl2og.jpeg