Sign in to follow this  
bundie

Petite Feet

30 posts in this topic

Has anyone else noticed how tiny movie actresses's feet are? I don't just mean petite actresses like Elizabeth Taylor in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof or average height actresses like Susan Hayward in I Want to Live!, but tall ones like Grace Kelly in High Society. Me with my size 8-1/2 wonders if anyone had larger feet...

BLU

• Confused 1

I just made that up about Stanwyck and A-Hep. I thought it would be funny if they had enormous feet. 

To be honest, I can't recall noticing any actresses feet in movies. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I just made that up about Stanwyck and A-Hep. I thought it would be funny if they had enormous feet. 

The variety of thread topics never ceases to amaze me.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

While I doubt Stanwyck wore size 13 mens shoes, as that'd be like size 15 women's... Not even sure if women's shoes go up that big! 

I do know that Audrey Hepburn was self-conscious about her feet.  If you look at Sabrina when she's barefoot helping her father wash the car, her feet are huge! 

Lucille Ball also looks like she has rather large feet.  In the famous grape stomping episode, the vineyard foreman assigns Lucy to the wine vat because her feet look like large pizzas!

• Haha 2

Back in 2011, when I was on my honeymoon, we were in Hollywood (our honeymoon was a 2-week road trip through California) and went to the forecourt of Grauman's Chinese Theater.  I looked for John Wayne and William Holden's blocks so that I could be like Lucy and Ethel in I Love Lucy, but didn't see them.  I tried putting my feet in their footprints, but I was wearing sandals and all the ladies' footprints are high heels.  My feet looked huge compared to the high heel prints.  I only wear a 6.5-7.5 (depending on the shoe) and am only 5'2", so I can't think that my feet are that different than those of short actresses like Debbie Reynolds or Bette Davis.

I'm still trying to get my head around anyone thinking of ELIZABETH TAYLOR as petite!  

Sepiatone

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I'm still trying to get my head around anyone thinking of ELIZABETH TAYLOR as petite!  

Sepiatone

Elizabeth Taylor was not very tall and was actually very slim until the 1960s. Petite doesn’t have anything to do with bust size. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 6:11 PM, speedracer5 said:

Back in 2011, when I was on my honeymoon, we were in Hollywood (our honeymoon was a 2-week road trip through California) and went to the forecourt of Grauman's Chinese Theater.  I looked for John Wayne and William Holden's blocks so that I could be like Lucy and Ethel in I Love Lucy, but didn't see them.  I tried putting my feet in their footprints, but I was wearing sandals and all the ladies' footprints are high heels.  My feet looked huge compared to the high heel prints.  I only wear a 6.5-7.5 (depending on the shoe) and am only 5'2", so I can't think that my feet are that different than those of short actresses like Debbie Reynolds or Bette Davis.

Gosh Speedy, you are a tiny little thing, aren't you!:)
As for me, I don't mind a girl with big feet, just more for me to luv....
But they have to have nice toe nails. ;) And NO jam please!

I remember the last time I was at Grauman's putting my shoes next to the actor's footprints.
When it came to John Wayne, I remember thinking, for such a big guy his feet are awfully tiny.... then mused, no wonder he walked that way....-_-

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephan55 said:

Gosh Speedy, you are a tiny little thing, aren't you!:)
As for me, I don't mind a girl with big feet, just more for me to luv....
But they have to have nice toe nails. ;)

I remember the last time I was at Grauman's putting my shoes next to the actor's footprints.
When it came to John Wayne, I remember thinking, for such a big guy his feet are awfully tiny.... then mused, no wonder he walked that way....-_-

Lol.  Yes.  I am not very tall.  I wish I were like 5'6.  But at least I made it over 5'0, so there's that. And I was once referred to as "tall" by a lady who was probably 4'9 at best, so there's that, lol. 

All I could think when I read your comment about John Wayne was: "What's the matter? Too swishy?" from The Birdcage when Nathan Lane does his hilarious impression of John Wayne's walk. 

I did stand in Gene Kelly's footprints, his feet seemed tiny too! Though his footprints were made with (presumably) dress shoes and I was wearing sandals.  My sandals were wider than Gene's footprints! Maybe age has changed the footprints? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stephan55 said:

I don't suppose you found Jack Webb's footprints, speaking of how someone walked. I tried to find a clip of Jack Webb's little tight-cheeked walk or Dan Ackroyd's imitation of it without success, but it always made me laugh:D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Lol.  Yes.  I am not very tall.  I wish I were like 5'6.  But at least I made it over 5'0, so there's that. And I was once referred to as "tall" by a lady who was probably 4'9 at best, so there's that, lol. 

All I could think when I read your comment about John Wayne was: "What's the matter? Too swishy?" from The Birdcage when Nathan Lane does his hilarious impression of John Wayne's walk. 

I did stand in Gene Kelly's footprints, his feet seemed tiny too! Though his footprints were made with (presumably) dress shoes and I was wearing sandals.  My sandals were wider than Gene's footprints! Maybe age has changed the footprints? 

Haha! You got it without my need to say more...
Yes, Wayne had a "distinctive" stride... That I've often seen imitated with hilarious results.  :D

Excellent thought there...
Concrete does shrink a bit as it cures. And if it contains too much water, and dries too quickly (or overheats or freezes) it can crack and crumble. However, a good (very good) concrete mix can take a very long time to distort. Like all concrete, the rate of curing is very fast at the beginning and gradually slows over time. And the chemical process of curing concrete also generates heat.
Boulder Dam is still "curing" as we speak, and according to an engineer I once spoke with will likely continue to do so for at least another century or so.
The concrete mortar (made with volcanic ash) the Roman's used in their aqueducts and other edifices in many instances (barring earthquakes) is still holding up today.
However, I think that it is safe to assume that a little shrinkage has likely occurred in those footprints from decades ago. How much, I couldn't tell you, but I did see a shoe of the Duke's placed into one of his old footprints, and it still appeared to fit nicely. So?....:huh:

According to CelebHeights, Gene measured 5ft 7 ½" in his bare feet (another reason why a 5ft 6" Rita appeared so "tall"). So I'm thinking that maybe Gene was just another one of those dancers with "tiny" feet. :unsure:

45 minutes ago, Thenryb said:

I don't suppose you found Jack Webb's footprints, speaking of how someone walked. I tried to find a clip of Jack Webb's little tight-cheeked walk or Dan Ackroyd's imitation of it without success, but it always made me laugh:D

That reminds me when I was a little kid and my mom would take me to the doctor to get a shot. My mom would say, "Don't stiffen up like that it'll only make it hurt worse." And I remember the doctor saying, "Boy, your cheeks are so tight they could snap a pencil." I didn't understand what he meant back then, but I remembered those words and have enjoyed repeating them whenever I found it appropos. :lol:

• Haha 1

"Blazing Saddles" (1974) one liner about the footprints of Douglas Fairbanks at the Grauman Chinese Theater

Hedley Lamarr....How did he do such fantastic stunts with such little feet?

53d9d3ce-e8c1-4df8-8876-420339563b26_scr

:lol:

• Haha 3

I'm 5'2, a size 2 in clothes and I'm 5.5 in shoes, but sometimes I wear a 6 in shoes. I usually wear 2 or 3 inches heels that makes me taller. If I go 4 inches in heels, it would be physically impossible for me to walk in them without falling. I'm 40-years-old, however people say I look like I'm in my late 20's. It might be because I'm petite, or it could be my family genes.
  • Like 1

I'm 5'2" with apparently big feet as I wear a 6.5 (only in TOMS as they're cloth and they stretch out) but normally size 7, but apparently 7.5 in Converse.  I wear the flat close-toed shoes everyday (except outside of work where I'd rather wear sandals or no shoes) because I spend my days combing a 100,000 sq ft warehouse doing Inventory Control, heels on concrete? Yuck! I just look like Bambi trying to walk in heels because I very rarely have to wear them.  Sore feet and ankles are not worth whatever aesthetic they might give me.  I'm already married and met my husband in the 10th grade, so I don't need to attract anyone, and in fact, want to deflect. Lol.  Give me flat shoes and I can speed walk with the best of them.  I very rarely shop in the petite section however.  Because as they would fit in the length and chest area (can't say I'd ever make a great Victoria's Secret model), I am a bit too "hippy" lol. I have to find short length pants.

I am 33 and constantly get carded and have been asked how I am enjoying being out of high school (though I graduated almost 16 years ago, college 12 years ago).  Oh well.  I've seen some of my classmates... and oy vey.  I'd rather look younger than my age than look like the parent of someone my age. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Diana101 said:
I'm 5'2, a size 2 in clothes and I'm 5.5 in shoes, but sometimes I wear a 6 in shoes. I usually wear 2 or 3 inches heels that makes me taller. If I go 4 inches in heels, it would be physically impossible for me to walk in them without falling. I'm 40-years-old, however people say I look like I'm in my late 20's. It might be because I'm petite, or it could be my family genes.

4 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

I'm 5'2" with apparently big feet as I wear a 6.5 (only in TOMS as they're cloth and they stretch out) but normally size 7, but apparently 7.5 in Converse.  I wear the flat close-toed shoes everyday (except outside of work where I'd rather wear sandals or no shoes) because I spend my days combing a 100,000 sq ft warehouse doing Inventory Control, heels on concrete? Yuck! I just look like Bambi trying to walk in heels because I very rarely have to wear them.  Sore feet and ankles are not worth whatever aesthetic they might give me.  I'm already married and met my husband in the 10th grade, so I don't need to attract anyone, and in fact, want to deflect. Lol.  Give me flat shoes and I can speed walk with the best of them.  I very rarely shop in the petite section however.  Because as they would fit in the length and chest area (can't say I'd ever make a great Victoria's Secret model), I am a bit too "hippy" lol. I have to find short length pants.

I am 33 and constantly get carded and have been asked how I am enjoying being out of high school (though I graduated almost 16 years ago, college 12 years ago).  Oh well.  I've seen some of my classmates... and oy vey.  I'd rather look younger than my age than look like the parent of someone my age. 

Ha Ha!

Give me a little lady with big feet and I'm a happy man... (Little women make their feet look ever so much larger).
But please keep those toe nails trimed and painted real purty-like, and No toe jam, please!

So if you gals have an older sister who looks like a younger sister that fits that descrip. Just send me a PM with a picture of those purty little tiny big feet, wearin' different kinds of open toed socks and it'll be joy to world at my end!!!

On second thought, better keep them photos to yourselves... at my age I do need to get a little sleep, and my imagination is bad enough without a picture. ;):)

You gals do realize that I'm just pullin' your foot don't ya? ;):D

• Like 1

I've always had big feet.  My shoe size was bigger than my older brother's by the time I was 12( he was 16) and lemme tell ya......

Unfortunately, it's NOT true what "they" say about men with big feet.  It only means we have bigger SHOES!. ;)

Sepiatone

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Stephan55 said:

...wearin' different kinds of open toed socks and it'll be joy to world at my end!!!

I didn't realize that open toed socks was something that existed.  They seem kind of lame. 

1Pair-Half-Toe-Socks-Non-Slip-Peep-Toe-Anti-Slip-Pilates-Ankle-Grip-Durable-Open-Half.jpg_640x640.jpg

I don't paint my nails, the fumes from the polish makes me feel nauseated and I don't like how it looks--especially when it starts chipping off and looking like crap.  I have to be able to type at work and to be able to pick up boxes, pallets and drive equipment.  Short, clean, unpainted nails is the way to go for me. And I don't care enough about what my feet look like in closed toed shoes to bother. Lol. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2018 at 6:36 PM, ChristineHoard said:

Garbo had large feet, too.

I was going to say Garbo too, Christine. Good call.

Her feet looked gigantic in movies! But they looked very appropriate when she played the male part in "Queen Christina".

• Like 1

Garbo's feet were spoofed in the Looney Tunes short, "Hollywood Steps Out." 

khhuihbj.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/3/2018 at 7:24 AM, Sepiatone said:

I've always had big feet.  My shoe size was bigger than my older brother's by the time I was 12( he was 16) and lemme tell ya......

Unfortunately, it's NOT true what "they" say about men with big feet.  It only means we have bigger SHOES!. ;)

Sepiatone

Fortunately I've found it to be true regarding "what they say about women with big feet." ;):)

On 3/3/2018 at 11:54 AM, speedracer5 said:

I didn't realize that open toed socks was something that existed.  They seem kind of lame

1Pair-Half-Toe-Socks-Non-Slip-Peep-Toe-Anti-Slip-Pilates-Ankle-Grip-Durable-Open-Half.jpg_640x640.jpg

I don't paint my nails, the fumes from the polish makes me feel nauseated and I don't like how it looks--especially when it starts chipping off and looking like crap.  I have to be able to type at work and to be able to pick up boxes, pallets and drive equipment.  Short, clean, unpainted nails is the way to go for me. And I don't care enough about what my feet look like in closed toed shoes to bother. Lol. 

OOOOOooooohhhHHHHH, Yes, yess, yeeessssss.... that's it!!! :P

FYI opened toed socks (for those of us with foot fetishes) rank right up there with crotch-less panties. ;):)

• Confused 1

On 3/3/2018 at 12:48 PM, speedracer5 said:

Garbo's feet were spoofed in the Looney Tunes short, "Hollywood Steps Out." 

khhuihbj.jpg

Been a long time fan of Garbo!
(Now you know why) ;):D