Sign in to follow this  
cmvgor

You are hereby sentenced...

90 posts in this topic

Yo, ADDIE,

This is a joke, right? What you have is a list of nouns, two of them proper nouns, and the last one a noun phrase because it has an adjective ("mighty"). There is no verb, no other eliment to

turn them into sentences.

Thanks.

cmvgor.

Message was edited by: cmvgor

i don't know what i was thinking with "mighty joe..", i have to give you that one.

--i was thinking "taxi" as in calling a taxi. the whole sentence is then, "taxi", but if i am too off base, i apologize, the dog, name, titles follow the same idea, so if one is wrong all three are wrong.

--your post made me realize, that i am much too stupid and worthless to live, especially in the same universe as such a great brained being as yourself, but if it is ok, l will stay alive a little longer and just exit this board. a wee, insecure are you, puppy.

addie

ADDIE, I apologize. An attempt to be humorous was terribly wrong. I'm going to wait 24 hours and edit the offensive language. I'll do it earlier if I receive indication that you've read this.

..Incidentally, we've discussed before: A one-word utterance can serve as a sentence if it is an

action word (verb), and can be seen as a request or command ("Come", "Go", "Wait",

"Listen"). It is understood in these cases that an unuttered "You" is the subject of the sentence A single noun, standing alone, may make a title, but in can't make a sentence.

And maybe someone will log on who has studied this stuff more recently than I have. and will help us.

With regret,

cmvgor

Message was edited by: cmvgor

We Were Soldiers

The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter

Cast A Long Shadow

We Think The World Of You

Where Does It Hurt?

Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon

The Working Class Goes To Heaven

Waltz Across Texas

What The Bleep Do We Know!?

Just roamin' around the Lone Star State trying to avoid Kinky Friedman pitchin' his new book about

losin' the governor's race. :)

> {quote:title=SueSueApplegate wrote:}{quote}

> Just roamin' around the Lone Star State trying to avoid Kinky Friedman pitchin' his new book about

> losin' the governor's race. :)

SueSue, your response reminded me of an exchange we had some time ago. I wanted to know your opinion of a film entitled Lone Star State of Mind , alternate title "Cowboys And Idiots".

My basic question was: Can that movie's portrayal of small - town Texans be defended at all?

If you can find the time to track down this film and view it, I would still love to know your reaction to it. It has a site on IMDb, if you want to take a look and see if it is worth your time. Please post

back to this Thread if you form an opinion that you want to share. Uh, excuse me now; Thread

business...

Paris Does Strange Things

A Hero Aint Nothin' But A Sandwich

Shall We Dance?

They Gave Him A Gun

You've Got To Walk It Like You Talk It, Or You'll Lose That Beat

My Boys Are Good Boys

Your Three Minutes Are Up

My Stepmother Is An Alien

We Still Kill The Old Way

Dear cmvgor,

Lone Star State of Mind--I still haven't seen it, but I reckon' down here you can make a case for just about anything!

SueSue;

No hurry. But if/when you do get to see it, take notice of young J.D. Qualls in the role of "Junior".

IMO, given the right breaks in good time, this young man could be the next generation's Strother.

See if you agree.

Regards,

cmvgor

Uh, excuse me; line business:

Always Leave Them Laughing

Bang The Drum Slowly

I MARRIED A WITCH

I'D CLIMB THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN

I WAS A TEENAGE WEREWOLF

WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOLFF?

IT'S A MAD,MAD,MAD,MAD WORLD

THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING, THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING