Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

study says more diversity needed in hollywood

16 posts in this topic

racial diversity or diversity of subject matter? I guess the former since the latter is now beyond their capacity to execute.

liberal opinion, perspective and viewpoint rules the day. nothing else matters because they wallow in a politically correct test tube of progressive 'tolerance'.

I would like to see 3 remakes, all the king's men where willie doan get shot and beats out the forces that wanna remove him.

seven days in may...after the public learns of the coup attempt the anti-lyman forces get the gop to nominate general scott who wins the presidency.

the best man...after losing the nomination because of russell's cute little maneuver, joe cantwell runs as an independent!...wins the presidency then becomes a republican.:lol:

What study says this? Doubtless there is one somewhere and I have certainly seen comments here and there to that effect, but nothing which would amount to an actual study. Even if you respond to this it will doubtless be shoved off the first page thanks to today's Korean invasion, which this board does not seem able to stop.

• Haha 1

Instead of remakes, how about more ORIGINAL stories (political or otherwise)? 

ALL THE KING'S MEN was indeed remade a few years back if I recall, as was SEVEN DAYS IN MAY (under a different title) for cable.

We need more originality and a lot less remakes (though fat chance either will happen).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Thenryb said:

What study says this? Doubtless there is one somewhere and I have certainly seen comments here and there to that effect, but nothing which would amount to an actual study. Even if you respond to this it will doubtless be shoved off the first page thanks to today's Korean invasion, which this board does not seem able to stop.

Yeah, the spam seemed to have quieted down for a few months, but it's been awful the last couple of weeks.

I saw an article posted on a few movie sites that stated, thanks to the success of movies like Get Out and Black Panther, that exhibitors are asking Hollywood to produce more diverse product since it seems to be bringing in more attendance. 

• Like 3

a film where the conservative viewpoint carries the day would certainly come under the banner of more originality.

:lol:

also would like to see a remake of sometimes a great notion....

some native americans are trying to fend off new development, the unions side with them then enter the stampers!

:D

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

a film where the conservative viewpoint carries the day would certainly come under the banner of more originality.

:lol:

also would like to see a remake of sometimes a great notion....

some native americans are trying to fend off new development, the unions side with them then enter the stampers!

You might like a movie that Michael Douglas made in the 90s called Falling Down about a laid-off middle class white professional man who loses it all in one day--

while confronting the conflict and violence of modern urban society,  intertwined with his inadequacies as a husband and father.

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

You might like a movie that Michael Douglas made in the 90s called Falling Down about a laid-off middle class white professional man who loses it all in one day--

Except that it backfired so badly with audiences, that Warner ended up re-selling it as a comedy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7VTgm7OYUM

(No, this actually aired.  This is NOT a YouTube comedy-edit trailer like the "Feel-good-comedy Shining" one.)

One movie that needs to be remade bad..."When Worlds Collide" (1951) 

Maybe the new planet can be populated with single sex aliens that doesn't know what the concept of diversity is.

Besides it will make up for this lame and stupid matte painting La La Land ending of the original.:wacko:

(Pyramids...wt*?)

When-Worlds-Collide-the-new-world.png

• Like 1

Easily addressed with some subtle product placement:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnM7J6jZonAg6QMNPuxsl

;)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

also would like to see a remake of sometimes a great notion...

Me too, at least one that resembles the BOOK.

Sepiatone

12 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

while confronting the conflict and violence of modern urban society,  intertwined with his inadequacies as a husband and father.

only watched that once....joel schumacher ruined his own film by directing it himself instead of sticking to costume design. I said it once and I'll say it again. falling down had the potential to be a monster mega-hit if only 2 conditions woulda been met...

1. schumacher had gotten sidney lumet to direct.

2. no stupid distracting robert duvall's last day on the force krapp.

those 2 mistakes ruined it.

10 hours ago, hamradio said:

Maybe the new planet can be populated with single sex aliens that doesn't know what the concept of diversity is.

Besides it will make up for this lame and stupid matte painting La La Land ending of the original.:wacko:

(Pyramids...wt*?)

yeah, and pal coulda given us more even if just matte shots of zyra and bellus as they approached instead we only get one or two matte shots of bellus along with some of the ship. there shoulda been eye-popping scenes of bellus filling the sky day and night and the accompanying terror it evoked from earth's onlookers.

10 hours ago, hamradio said:

(Pyramids...wt*?)

maybe that was done by the great chesley bonestell.:lol:

only watched that once....joel schumacher ruined his own film by directing it himself instead of sticking to costume design. I said it once and I'll say it again. falling down had the potential to be a monster mega-hit if only 2 conditions woulda been met...

Sidney Lumet's Dog Day Afternoon is one of my favorite Modern Classics of all time.

It's the best work that Al Pacino ever did outside of The Godfather.

And  It may be hard to believe, but it's based on a true story.

• Like 1

Ya know?! I kind of like Falling Down NipkowDisc!

1 hour ago, JamesStewartFan95 said:

Ya know?! I kind of like Falling Down NipkowDisc!

but mosta the film shoulda been michael douglas goin' nuts.