SueSueApplegate

NEW HOSTS DAVE KARGER AND ALICIA MALONE...

128 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, speedracer5 said:

Isn't that the stuff that is administered to people who are believed to have ingested poison? I think that's the medicine they give people to induce vomiting in an attempt to get the poison (or what not) out of their system.

Syrup of ipecac (/ˈɪpɪkæk/), commonly referred to as ipecac, is a drug that was once widely used as an expectorant (in low doses) and a rapid-acting emetic (in higher doses). It is obtained from the dried rhizome and roots of Carapichea ipecacuanha from which it derives its name.

In particular, the rapidly induced forceful vomiting produced by ipecac was considered for many years to be an important front-line treatment for orally ingested poisons. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrup_of_ipecac

• Like 1

Beats me. Too lazy to look it up. LOL. One of us is right, I think!

Oh, I guess it's been answered above. (I came here from an alert!)

I'm OK with Ben, Alicia, and Dave. But Eddie is the only host where I will record for posterity because of his comments. Plus his intro tells me what to look for in the noir and often makes an OK picture pretty interesting. Take "The Man Who Cheated Himself". Put some plain scripted remarks in front of it and behind it, and I'd probably go "meh". But Eddie had me looking for certain details and made the viewing experience memorable because of what was wrong with the film as much as because of what was right with it.  However, I think Eddie goes deep and narrow. He would probably come off as awkward commenting on anything outside of noir, crime, or mystery.

• Like 4