Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

academy awards of trump?

21 posts in this topic

I think it will be amusing this sunday to count how many times the hollywood celebs will use the oscar soapbox to attack and insult donald trump the legitimate 45th president of the united states.

I will consider every allusion and reference a victory for president trump.

every petty putdown a triumph for him.

:D

Related image

"then the emperor has already won." -alec guinness, return of the jedi

Just now, NipkowDisc said:

I think it will be amusing this sunday to count how many times the hollywood celebs will use the oscar soapbox to attack and insult donald trump the legitimate 45th president of the united states.

I will consider every allusion and reference a victory for president trump.

every petty putdown a triumph for him.

"then the emperor has already won." -alec guinness, return of the jedi

Did you yet again,  mistakenly post another political topic in the General Discussion thread?   

If so you're losing it.    

• Haha 1

They don't need to insult Trump. Trump is doing a good job making an **** of himself.
Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for Language
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Did you yet again,  mistakenly post another political topic in the General Discussion thread?   

If so you're losing it.    

Let's hope he DOES "lose it", if you know what we mean.

(Mods, are you reading and "approving" this one?  Good.  We need somebody paying attention.)

this thread is film-related.

the man has a star on the hollywood walk of fame or doan he?

:P:D

Just now, NipkowDisc said:

For TV. That's what the symbol on the star means.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

How is this thread related to any of the films or TV shows Trump was in? :huh:

1 minute ago, LawrenceA said:

oops!:o

"never mind" -emily latella

4 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

They need to updated that symbol.    It looks more like an ant now than a T.V. 

1 hour ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

So you political types decided to bring your mini civil war over to this section.  Nice.

In a Democracy every adult citizen is expected to take an interest in the the welfare of governing the nation, which includes politics.

If you vote you, must be some kind of a political type, otherwise you wouldn't bother.

To be a good citizen is to be political.

2 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

In a Democracy every adult citizen is expected to take an interest in the the welfare of governing the nation, which includes politics.

If you vote you, must be some kind of a political type, otherwise you wouldn't bother.

To be a good citizen is to be political.

That is all good and well but just don't do it in the General Discussion movie forum.   :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

wasn't trump in Ghosts can't do it with anthony quinn?

"Do I have my excuse to bother you with it now yet, do I, huh, do I?"  

my intention was just to interject a little humor in General Discussions but it's all been moved here and General Discussions is once again inundated by spam.

an improvement?

"It's alright now." -clint eastwood, for a few dollars more.

Image result for lee van cleef for a few dollars more

On 3/2/2018 at 8:49 PM, NipkowDisc said:

my intention was just to interject a little humor in General Discussions but it's all been moved here and General Discussions is once again inundated by spam.

an improvement?

"It's alright now." -clint eastwood, for a few dollars more.

Image result for lee van cleef for a few dollars more

Ya know Nip, as has been suggested earlier in this thing, I'm starting to believe you ARE "losin' it", dude!

'Cause while you quoted Eastwood in the above, THAT of course is a pic of his co-star in that flick, Lee Van Cleef.

(...AND, I think I've read somewhere that one of the FIRST signs of people "losin' it", is when they'll quote somebody in an internet posting BUT show the picture of a completely DIFFERENT person!!!) 

• Haha 1

Donald Trump’s Bizarre Oscars Smear Campaign Against ‘Django Unchained’

"..... Donald Trump loves the Oscars. In an alternate universe, Hillary Clinton would be president and Trump would thus adhere to his typical Oscar-night routine: angrily live-tweeting the ceremony, and then calling in to Fox & Friends the following morning to recap the night. Or perhaps he’d even be walking the red carpet, telling ABC that he deserved to be nominated in the “Best Looking Actor” category, as he did in 2011—back when he was a Democrat.  

By popular demand, I will be tweeting on the very tainted Academy Awards tonight!

.... Though most of the real estate mogul’s tweets whined about the night’s poor jokes or lack of “glamour,” there was one movie with which Trump took umbrage. When Christoph Waltz was awarded the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his performance as a bounty hunter in Django Unchained, Trump tweeted, “Django Unchained is the most racist movie I have ever seen, it sucked!” ........

Maybe Trump, who’s had a less-than-stellar history when it comes to “the blacks,” took issue with the fact that in Django, it’s primarily white people being killed by a black hero.

After all, in addition to Pulp Fiction, Trump appears to have a soft spot for violent films.

A couple of years ago, then-candidate Trump released a list of his five favorite movies to the BBC. They were: Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind, The Godfather, Goodfellas, and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Three of those are, of course, chock-full of gun violence, and the latter, a Clint Eastwood-starrer helmed by the late, great Sergio Leone, has influenced the Tarantino oeuvre more than any other film.

They’re also incredibly white.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donald-trumps-bizarre-oscars-smear-campaign-against-django-unchained?via=twitter_page

:rolleyes:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Dargo said:

Ya know Nip, as has been suggested earlier in this thing, I'm starting to believe you ARE "losin' it", dude!

'Cause while you quoted Eastwood in the above, THAT of course is a pic of his co-star in that flick, Lee Van Cleef.

(...AND, I think I've read somewhere that one of the FIRST signs of people "losin' it", is when they'll quote somebody in an internet posting BUT show the picture of a completely DIFFERENT person!!!) 

if you will recall after eastwood says that van cleef gives him a smile. that should be obvious to anyone who has seen the movie.

2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

if you will recall after eastwood says that van cleef gives him a smile. that should be obvious to anyone who has seen the movie.

I dunno, Nip ol' boy.

Ya see, your "logic" here sounds like you'd also say a shot of Ward Bond would be appropriate after quoting Bogart's famous "The stuff that dreams are made of" line.

OR, say, showing a shot of Edmond O'Brien after quoting Cagney saying, "Made it, Ma! Top o' the world!"

OR, say, showing a close-up shot of Bill Holden after quoting Swanson's "I AM big. It's the pictures that got small!"

(...ya see, I think if you'd just stick with showing the person who ACTUALLY said the line in the movie and instead of showing the reaction shot of the other person in the scene, you might find it better serving whatever dumb and all too often inappropriate thought of yours you're tryin' to convey in your ongoing postscripts!)

LOL

• Haha 1