CinemaInternational

The FilmStruck Thread

161 posts in this topic

Added September 2018:

Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 12.31.40 PM.jpg 

JEZEBEL (1938) with Bette Davis / drama / WB / expires 27th of December
ISLE OF THE DEAD (1945) with Ellen Drew / horror / RKO / expires 27th of December
THINGS TO COME (1936) with Ralph Richardson / science fiction / UA / expires 28th of March

Don't know if it is a temporary thing, but now FilmStruck has a 30-day free trial.

1 hour ago, Hepburn Fan said:

Don't know if it is a temporary thing, but now FilmStruck has a 30-day free trial.

Thanks...that would be a new offer. Previously it was a 14-day free trial.

On 10/13/2018 at 3:48 PM, TopBilled said:

Thanks...that would be a new offer. Previously it was a 14-day free trial.

It does claim to be a limited time offer. I have a 1/2 full DVR of stuff to watch, including a couple new TV seasons. I hope the 30-day free trial hangs around for a while. So, anyone closer to being ready to check it out, might as well jump in now.

• Like 1

I just received notice that the FilmStruck will be shutdown. The is awful news!

We regret to inform you that effective November 29, 2018, FilmStruck will be shutting down. As a subscriber currently on an annual plan, effective immediately you will receive a prorated refund for any months remaining in your subscription. You will continue to have access to the service until November 29.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being a FilmStruck subscriber. It has been our pleasure sharing the best of indie, art house, and classic Hollywood with you. FilmStruck was truly a labor of love, and in a world with an abundance of entertainment options – THANK YOU for choosing us.

If you have any questions please visit our FAQs or email the FilmStruck customer service team at help@filmstruck.com You can also manage your account by clicking here.

• Thanks 1

I suppose now the hope would be that the TCM-type classic films may become part of the Warner Media streaming service announced for next year.  The Criterion titles unfortunately are a separate case and seem to be looking for a home again.  I feel really bad for those who have enjoyed streaming the Criterion titles.

https://www.criterion.com/current/posts/6008-news-about-filmstruck

28 minutes ago, cmovieviewer said:

I suppose now the hope would be that the TCM-type classic films may become part of the Warner Media streaming service announced for next year.  The Criterion titles unfortunately are a separate case and seem to be looking for a home again.  I feel really bad for those who have enjoyed streaming the Criterion titles.

https://www.criterion.com/current/posts/6008-news-about-filmstruck

The Criterion titles used to be on Hulu, so they could easily go back there.

With the acquisition of FOX, Disney became the majority owner of Hulu (for the time being), and guess what? - They're starting their own streaming service next year as well.  So Hulu is in a big state of flux too.  Not to mention that it is currently losing money like crazy:

Disney's Fox acquisition means the end of Hulu as we know it

Welcome to the Wild West period of streaming services.

Maybe Criterion will start its own streaming service. Nothing would prevent them from doing so.

In the meantime most if not all of their titles can still be found on DVD.

I received the same notice today. :(

We happily had an app that worked on our streaming boxes (Fire), unless I can get the TCM app working again I suppose we will be SOL.