Sign in to follow this  
JamesStewartFan95

Rotten Apples

4 posts in this topic

Has anybody on here heard of the movie database website Rotten Apples? It's sort of like Rotten Tomatoes, but instead of reviewing and eating films, viewers can see which movies starred, were directed or written by, or were produced or executive produced by individuals accused of sexual assault or sexual abuse. If so, what are your opinions of the website and/or its content? Would you not watch a movie that was featured on this database?

Like music, it depends upon the movie itself.  Don't care about the producers / directors / actors lifestyle, political views, etc. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, JamesStewartFan95 said:

Has anybody on here heard of the movie database website Rotten Apples? It's sort of like Rotten Tomatoes, but instead of reviewing and eating films, viewers can see which movies starred, were directed or written by, or were produced or executive produced by individuals accused of sexual assault or sexual abuse. If so, what are your opinions of the website and/or its content? Would you not watch a movie that was featured on this database?

I don't think I've heard of it, but it doesn't surprise me. I believe that the #MeToo movement partially got started by an at-first anonymous posting on a website where they detailed abuses by Harvey Weinstein, and it spread virally throughout social media, leading to more people coming forward. It may have even been that site, I don't know.

No, I wouldn't stop watching movies due to accusations. I still watch Polanski movies, Kevin Spacey movies, movies produced by the Weinsteins, etc. etc. 

2 hours ago, JamesStewartFan95 said:

Sounds like the purpose of such a site would be to alert moviegoers to movies the site determines should be boycotted because of an accusee being associated in any way with the production of anything.

Probably there will be some women and manginas who will check with such a site to see which films they should shun. I guess SJW's will have to get the Media to pay more attention as it doesn't appear the site has much awareness yet.

• Like 1