Sign in to follow this  
bansi4

Heath Ledger Found Dead

13 posts in this topic

Heath Ledger Found Dead

TUESDAY JANUARY 22, 2008 04:45 PM EST

Heath Ledger was found dead at his Manhattan residence, a police spokesman confirms to the Associated Press. He was 28.

Police say the death may be drug-related. The NYPD spokesman tells AP that Ledger had a massage appointment at his Soho apartment. When the housekeeper went to alert Ledger the masseuse was there, she found him at around 3:26 p.m. He was pronounced dead at 3:45 p.m.

Ledger was last spotted publicly in London on Saturday on the set of Terry Gilliam?s The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. Photos show Ledger wearing a clown costume. Other pictures of Ledger out of costume show him with long brown hair and a dark goatee.

The Perth, Australia, native was nominated for a Best Actor Oscar for 2005's Brokeback Mountain, on whose set he met ? and began a romantic relationship with ? Michelle Williams. Theirs was described by others on the film as love at first sight.

Their daughter, Matilda Rose, was born in New York on Oct. 28, 2005. Ledger and Williams, who shared a brownstone together in Brooklyn, split in September 2007.

Ledger began his acting career in 1996, when he was 17, in an Australian TV series called Sweat.

So sad, he was so good in "Brokeback Mountain" and the previews for his role as the Joker in the upcoming Batman movie look amazing. And he leaves behind a very young daughter -- even sadder.

So much misinformation is flying around (for example, many people reported that he was in Mary-Kate Olsen's apartment, one person even reported that Mary-Kate was with him --- both totally false) --- let's all just mourn the loss and see what the facts are later, without speculating.

What a terrible loss! I thought he should have won the Oscar for Brokeback. What a performance! So sad................

Although I love my old classics, a modern movie will -- about once every two years, if I'm lucky -- merit a trip to the multiplex. "Brokeback" merited watching -- not just once, but thrice -- and even induced me to buy the DVD; unheard of!!! "Enis Delmar" was the role Heath Ledger was born to play; if he'd lived another 60 years, he could never have achieved more as an actor and an artist.

Thank you, Heath, and rest in peace.

I was shocked to turn on the tv last night and find out that this very talented actor had died. So young.

I loved him in BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN as Ennis Del Mar. What a touching perfomance, incredible. Other performances of Heath Ledger that I enjoyed were in THE PATRIOT, A KNIGHT'S TALE, and 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU.

I send my thoughts and prayers out to his family and friends. So very sad.

Sandy K

You know, I wasn't a huge Heath Ledger fan but I did like him, I just wasn't aware of most of his work and after I found out that he died I decided to see a few of his films and I am now a big fan of his. I think that it wasn't his time to go, he still had more to say in his acting but these things happen sometimes, I think that his death was an accident and I know that he was a good man. I will miss him very much.

My friend was looking forward to Batman with HL as the Joker...now it takes an all different meaning

I personally didnt know him too well...

I just saw BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN. I hadn't seen it for 2 years and decided to watch it again. It was very difficult to watch this film due to the recent passing of Heath Ledger - but I recall that I liked this film very much and wanted to see it again in honor of this great young actor. I think Heath Ledger should have won an award for playing Ennis Del Marr in this film. He was terrific and showed great depth in his acting abilities. I'm sadded that he is no longer with us and one must think what this young talent might have given us in future films. He was a bright, shining star that faded too fast - I'm very sad that he is gone. R.I.P. Heath Ledger - always in our heart.