Sign in to follow this  
MovieMadness

California gunman was kicked out of veterans program before deadly hostage situation

18 posts in this topic

California gunman was kicked out of veterans program before deadly hostage situation

The gunman behind an all-day hostage situation Friday that left three women dead at the nation's largest veterans home in northern California was a former patient who served in the Army, officials said.

The gunman, identified as Albert Wong, 36, was being treated at The Pathway Home, a non-profit at the Veterans Home of California in Yountville that aims to help veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder readjust to civilian life after they return from overseas.

He'd been asked to leave the program for unknown reasons days before the shooting, state Sen. Bill Dodd told the San Francisco Chronicle.

The incident unfolded Friday morning when Wong slipped into the building during a going-away party, CNN reported, adding workers were eating cake and toasting when he started his attack.

There was a gunman in liberal California? They have passed all of the gun laws they can in that state and it still happened? Would someone please ask the NBA coaches why, since they think they have all the answers.

because modern american liberalism is predicated on the belief that it can never be wrong about anything.

the bolsheviks had the same problem.

:)

people are slaughtered, massacres happen....but liberalism marches on unincumbered by human frailty or human error.

"outstanding!" -R. Lee Ermey, full metal jacket

So tell us, MM, in which state do you live?

2 hours ago, TomJH said:

This is another mental health case issue which is an issue for progressives that say they are for freedom from government (e.g. the ACLU). 

CA is getting in all sorts of muddy waters in this regard;  E.g.  the voters passed an early-release bill that allows for early release of prison for those that did NOT commit specific crimes.   Well last week a judge ruled that certain criminals conflicted of sexual assault quality for early release since these crimes were NOT specially mentioned in the law.    E.g. assaulting someone that is asleep.     

Now the MeToo movement is up in arms.    It is safe to assume that most of the CA MeToo 'folks' lean-left and supported this early-release bill  (it was conservatives that were against such 'amnesty').      Now they want "those types" to serve their full prison term. 

CA has also started a campaign called 'see something,  say something' related to child molestation and sexual assault.    It says to use 'common sense';   sounds like profiling to me something that progressives claim to be against.   Looks like it all comes down to who is being profiled. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

because modern american liberalism is predicated on the belief that it can never be wrong about anything.

the bolsheviks had the same problem.

:)

people are slaughtered, massacres happen....but liberalism marches on unincumbered by human frailty or human error.

"outstanding!" -R. Lee Ermey, full metal jacket

You don't know very much about liberalism, do you? 

• Like 3

The larger question here is if making a threat should automatically require the local authorities to confiscate all weapons and what is the follow up process to return said weapons.  (it does in CA).

Florida's new gun law has this: "A law enforcement officer taking custody of a person under this subsection may seize and hold a firearm or any ammunition the person possesses at the time of taking him or her into custody if the person poses a potential danger to himself or herself or others and has made a credible threat of violence against another person".

To me the key is the the "and had made a credible threat of violence'.

I read that as saying that guns can NOT be taken from a person just because they are acting 'crazy' but that they must ALSO make a credible threat.

On 3/10/2018 at 10:09 AM, TomJH said:

Didn't your mommy teach you any manners?

9 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

I thought so. A poster who is all-too-ready to constantly throw criticisms at other states and countries (even create threads about them), but is spooked to let anyone know in what state he lives. (I just asked for the state, MM, that's all, not your home address).

Yeh, my Mommy taught me manners but she never told me that asking someone in what state they lived qualifies as poor form. But she also taught me how to spot a smart aleck comment that is a distraction in order to avoid providing any kind of answer.

It must really be something to be so fearful of supplying an answer to such a simple question, especially since so many other posters on these boards have let it be known where they live.

107ae31e4a6748a30b49b0c1bd0d56272be0460d

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

Wow, coming from you !

How rich is that !

• Haha 1

Personally I think every poster should list their state at a minimum.  It provides reference to their comments. TCM should require it.  I have suspicions about those who do not.

Interestingly, TomJH doesn't indicate his state.

28 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Personally I think every poster should list their state at a minimum.  It provides reference to their comments. TCM should require it.  I have suspicions about those who do not.

Where he lives, they don't have states!;)

Eh-being-canadian-10492507-250-250.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Sorry, Cid, I assumed it was reasonably well known on these boards that I'm Canadian, living just outside Toronto. But I agree with your suspicions about posters who deliberately duck the issue of where they live PARTICULARLY if those same posters make a point of attacking other states and countries.

Could it be this is the reason . . . ?

13163401_f496.jpg

"I told him the state I live in. Oh God, now he's going to hunt me down and find out ALL MY SECRETS!"

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Where he lives, they don't have states!;)

Eh-being-canadian-10492507-250-250.gif

In that case, country, which would be even more pertinent.  Of course, he could list province and country.

On 3/10/2018 at 1:09 PM, TomJH said:

Getting back to your question;  if MM had answered it what would you have done with such info?

How would that have shaped any reply to him?

Just curious. 

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Getting back to your question;  if MM had answered it what would you have done with such info?

How would that have shaped any reply to him?

Just curious. 

Truth is I couldn't care less where he lives, James. Why should I? Oh, it would be ironic if he lived in a "liberal" state, of course, but so what? I just made a bet with myself that he would avoid answering so simple a question.

I wasn't disappointed by the fact he acted cagey and wouldn't reply, probably considering himself clever not to have fallen into "a trap" of some kind.  A lot of extreme right wingers are pretty paranoid.

ptg01680591.jpg

When there is a baby in the backseat always asking the same question, you know mommy didn't teach it any manners.

Judging by the posts, I would say a state of continual and irremediable

confusion.