MissGoddess

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

6,605 posts in this topic

Oh, I see. Gives her status. Sounds good. I think I'll change my screen name to MissEugenia...

I loved the song "Miracles". I rarely ever listen to it now, but it was a radio staple back in the 70s.

They have a lot of good songs on their album "Surrealistic Pillow".

I'm not leaving out their true hits "White Rabbit", etc. Their greatness is already understood...

When they put out "We Built This City" in the 1980s, that's when I lost interest...

Both "White Rabbit" and "Somebody to Love" were brought by Grace Slick with her from Great Society when she replaced Signe Anderson in the Airplane.

That's interesting - I've never heard of Great Society. They must have hated losing her (or did they just disband?)

I was going to post a picture of a Dawn.. but-

Dawn Wells (!) has a mug shot for pot possession (in 2008), and Dawn Nickerson would take too long to explain. Think of darkblue's sweet sister instead. I have always loved that name.

[The Four Seasons|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE40KM4SGAY]

Edited by: casablancalover on May 30, 2012 4:30 PM

Change of pace...Summer's a-coming, so here's a tune entitled "So Nice (Summer Samba)". Nothing, I hasten to add, to do with the soy milk beverage ( or do you guys have that in the States?)

Anyway, this is a fabulous song, fabulously sung by the talented Astrud Gilberto. True, the organ lends a certain cheesey element to the proceedings, but that just makes it fun. Notice the continuous, beautifully performed percussion in the background.

Everyone wants someone to "samba through life " with them. Nice way of putting it.

> {quote:title=EugeniaH wrote: }{quote}Oh, I see. Gives her status. Sounds good. I think I'll change my screen name to MissEugenia...

I can recommend it, Eugenia ( that is, Miss Eugenia ). Look at all the status I receive, adulation and accolades by the ton, and all because I prefixed my name with "Miss".

(Hey, not to sound like our pal Dargo, but you do know I'm kidding, right? It's more like adulation and accolades by the pint. :| )

Absolutely, misswonderly, your screen name only further proves my point - having "miss" in one's screen name denotes due respect and status. However, I don't recommend using it to Dargo and finance...

But I've gone beyond mere "Miss" and have actually decided to change my screen name to HerExaltedMajestyEugenia.

Okay, now that I'm done beating my joke to death, here's Billy Joel and "All For Leyna":

Free association weekend!

Astrid did another number (my favorite) about summer, but it doesn't mention summer and is from the musical State Fair. My older brother Alan had this in his record collection, and I would have to wait until he was out of the house to play it (sneaky of me, huh?) Here she is with Stan Getz.

[Astrud Gilberto|http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86MwK3TT9og]

This is an interesting trio:

I believe it is the first time I have seen piano, violin and trumpet.

casablancalover, the Astrud Gilberto with Stan Getz was very lovely. Thanks for posting it.

Music that makes me smile

A very special song that always brings on a flood of happy memories for me (and a few sad ones). After forty years this song still hits the spot.

*Steve Harley - Make me Smile*

This video makes me smile.

The Soul Train line dancers and the fabulous *Isley Brothers - Live It Up*

Gotta dance and smile this time.

*Tito Puente - Ran Can Can*

Best wishes

Metairie Road

I was 13 when this song came out. Ah, what a cornucopia of imagery & possibility this song presented to a boy just becoming a teenager.