MissGoddess

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

6,605 posts in this topic

I can definitely hear the similarily between the two, Baggar.

Sarah McLachlan and one of her edgier songs (one of my favorites): "Possession":

The first I heard of Sarah MacLachlan was in the unforgettable TV show (for me at least)

h4. Due South

Fumbling towards Ecstasy:

Steaming:

Ride Forever:

Victoria's Secret:

Her whole album Fumbling Toward Ecstasy is excellent; my favorite.

Here is another track from there, "Circle":

Hey, where'd everybody go? ?:|

I hate Ozzy Osbourne with a passion, but sometimes I like listening to this song:

More posts from Ozzy will give you a clue regarding where everyone went...... I heard a great soul ballad this morning, "Thin Line between LOve and Hate" by the Persuaders. So good that the Pretenders covered it.

:^0 It's not that Ozzy's such a bad guy, really. It's just that he's the Antichrist.

But more seriously, thank you for talking about the Persuaders and the Prentenders. Here's that song:

Persuaders:

Pretenders:

I can never hear Bohemian Rhapsody without imagining Mike Myers and Dana Carvey mugging their approval for the camera on Wayne's World! LOL Good times.

Some others from the wonderful era.. I love the Blues Brothers.. RIP John..

Aprapo of nothing,

Check out this hauntingly beautiful sequence from Wes Anderson's masterpiece THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS. The singer/songwriter is the great 90's grunger Eliott Smith. Google him (Eliott Smith) to learn why this scene is especially poignant given his (Smith's) personal bio.

pturman, thanks for the Elliot Smith song. You mention its use in Wes Anderson's *The Royal Tennenbaums*. Are you a Wes Anderson fan, and if so, have you seen his latest, *Moonrise Kingdom* ?

It's very good, funny and sweet without being in the least sacharine or cloying. With the trademark Wes Anderson "quirkiness". But not annoying "quirkiness", as is sometimes his weakness.

A terrible sad end for Elliot Smith, why would someone so talented wish to end their own life? A question, I suppose, that has been asked repeatedly whenever a creative person commits suicide.

Here's a haunting, unusual song from Smith, Independence Day. This just knocked me out, the first time I heard it: