MissGoddess

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

6,833 posts in this topic

I thought I had posted this the other day in response to DB's post of the Del Shannon "cover" by ELO, but don't see it anywhere...

So I'll try again.

• Like 2

R.I.P. Nokie Edwards (1935-2018) lead guitarist, bassist with The Ventures, inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

• Like 1

The very first - and one of the very few - "live" albums I ever bought was in 1965.

The Ventures On Stage

Awesome album.

I'm sort of an odd duck. I can go from classical to heavy metal. With bluegrass, swing, 60's, 70's and 80's in between, add in the Stones, Clapton, the Bee Gees, and then I'll swing wildly to today's music to Imagine Dragons, I love the Darkness, some Kaleo, then back to Queen, Aerosmith, then I'll be listening to old country like Hank Williams, Sr.  the next day. I can't be pinned down. I may be listening to 80's new wave tomorrow, or Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. I used to have a record collection of over 10,000. So who knows? :)

• Like 1

On 10/6/2017 at 4:37 AM, TheGayDivorcee said:

Yet another musician gone too soon, Tom Petty at age 66.  Hard to choose a song, but this has always been a favorite.  I like how he had smiles or cute exchanges with the Heartbreakers.

Tom Petty, 1950 - 2017.

He was one of my favorites too. That was a sad day for me.

• Like 1

The mention of NOKIE EDWARDS up there makes me prone to mention a big argument going on in a music forum I'm a member of about how nobody there bothered to mention Nokie's POST-Ventures work, just his tenure with that band.

For instance:

https://youtu.be/-YksY4GYzPY

• Like 1

Looks like I'm going to Italy and joining up with the lead singer of The Tubes (Fee Waybill).   My wife is close friends and does business with his ex-wife and they are traveling together to Italy and meeting us there (we will be staying at my in-laws).     

Fee also works as a property maintenance man at one of his ex-wife buildings in La La Land.   (yea,  like most musicians \ entertainers he needs a day job). 

The band just completed a European tour with Alice Cooper last year. 

Anyhow,  should be fun.   The couple is very interesting and it is always great to hear stories about the life of a rock and roller.    We won't have guitars around and that is a drag since it would have been fun to jam with him (but I don't know any Tubes songs!).  

• Like 1

This song has been playing in an enchanting milk commercial lately.  Good British Invasion song (a B side no less), nice to watch Rita Tushingham wander around.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2018 at 12:49 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

Looks like I'm going to Italy and joining up with the lead singer of The Tubes (Fee Waybill).   My wife is close friends and does business with his ex-wife and they are traveling together to Italy and meeting us there (we will be staying at my in-laws).     

Fee also works as a property maintenance man at one of his ex-wife buildings in La La Land.   (yea,  like most musicians \ entertainers he needs a day job). 

The band just completed a European tour with Alice Cooper last year. 

Anyhow,  should be fun.   The couple is very interesting and it is always great to hear stories about the life of a rock and roller.    We won't have guitars around and that is a drag since it would have been fun to jam with him (but I don't know any Tubes songs!).  

THIS shouldn't be hard to pick up! ;)

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

THIS shouldn't be hard to pick up! ;)

While Punks on Dope.

Oh,  I could learn their songs with ease,  but like I said sadly no guitars,  not even acoustic ones.   

Anyhow,  the trip is all set and my wife just confirmed everything with his ex-wife.   

Since they are joining us where my wife grew up they get a free Italian and English speaking tour guide.    To me that means they pick up all the tabs.    :lol:

:lol:

Free meals?  Why, the most DELICIOUS food I ever tasted was FREE food! ;) 

FEE always seemed like a cool dude to me, so I'm sure you'll have a good time, and yeah, I wish I was joining y'all. :)

Sepiatone

4 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

:lol:

Free meals?  Why, the most DELICIOUS food I ever tasted was FREE food! ;) 

FEE always seemed like a cool dude to me, so I'm sure you'll have a good time, and yeah, I wish I was joining y'all. :)

Sepiatone

Yea,  he is a cool dude.    I'm still waiting to be invited to a dinner party with Alice Cooper.   I plan on playing Georgia On My Mind and getting Fee and Alice to sing a duet.   :blink:

• Haha 1

Mine is some indie pop and rock, unknown band but unexpectedly good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, AUDREY, a CLIP would have been nice, unless you WANT to keep the band "unknown".  ;)

Like, I'm not sure if "Mine" is the name of the band, or you were referring to YOUR band, which of course will REMAIN unknown, since none of us here even know the NAME of it!  :blink:

Sepiatone

On 4/20/2018 at 12:45 PM, Sepiatone said:

Well, AUDREY, a CLIP would have been nice, unless you WANT to keep the band "unknown".  ;)

Like, I'm not sure if "Mine" is the name of the band, or you were referring to YOUR band, which of course will REMAIN unknown, since none of us here even know the NAME of it!  :blink:

Sepiatone

I was just replying to the original questions "Favourite music?", and my favourite music is indie pop rock. I was too lazy to post the youtube link cause I'm typing on the phone. 

Sincerely