MissGoddess

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

6,604 posts in this topic

I still haven't watched my copy of Random harvest yet, but intend to listen carefully to the music!

I have "The Umbrellas of Cherbourg" on CD. It's nice to listen to, but after I saw the movie I couldn't enjoy it as much.

hey sweet April!!! we still have to finish our tea party with mr. and mrs. darcy.....cant forget that. heehee!

no i dont think either one of us mentioned Gilda. OOPS! heehee! yes we cant forget that score. we cant forget our "put the blame on mame"~ heehee!

hello jackfavell!!

please do listen intently to the music in Random Harvest. it is so pretty, and sometimes it is exhilerating. i love it!! when you watch it, do tell me what you think as well. i would love to hear your opinion. :)

Hi Jackie---while I thought *The Umbrellas of Cherbourg* ravishing to look at I just have no patience for "all singing" musicals. I saw it in a theater at a revival and was squirming in my seat until it was over. But I loved how Catherine Deneuve's dresses would match the wallpaper. ;)

oh i loved The Umbrellas of Cherbourg! i thought it was picturesque in most parts. while i didnt agree with some of the scenes i still ended up loving this movies after it was finished. i dunno, i dont mind the all-singingness of it april. ;)

i dunno, i dont mind the all-singingness of it april

That's because you are a budding chantoosie and singing will be your bread and butter! Speaking of, please pass the tea... ;)

I still like the music from Umbrellas, it's just that the outcome of the movie was so anti-romantic that I can't listen to the songs cheerily anymore!

I love Emma in all it's incarnations- (even "Clueless"). It's my favorite Jane Austen novel.

Hi Jackie,

I was stunned by the ending of Umbrellas! I was all set for something different.

*Emma* is my favorite Jane Austen novel, too! I just love her character to pieces, she's so funny and such a busybody, ha! And Mr. Knightley is my favorite male character in the Austen novels. I haven't seen Clueless yet, but I've heard it's really cute.

At the end of Emma (the book), I feel the same way I feel at the end of La Belle et La Bete. I like the high-spirited, rather smug, matchmaking Emma. She is so much fun, I don't want her to change. Just as I don't want the Beast to turn into a handsome prince. I like him too much as a beast!

At the end of Emma (the book), I feel the same way I feel at the end of La Belle et La Bete. I like the high-spirited, rather smug, matchmaking Emma. She is so much fun, I don't want her to change. Just as I don't want the Beast to turn into a handsome prince. I like him too much as a beast!

I never thought about it before; but you're right you know!

Oy. I just accidentally backspaced my reply out of existence.

Ok. "Clueless" is actually good, they left the story as is. The music isn't as good as the 1996 version, though! I especially like the "shocking lack of satin" final scene of the Gwyneth Paltrow version. What a lovely wedding. And to Jeremy Northam. Hubba hubba.

Photobucket

Thank you for that sweet picture, Jacki! I love Emma & Mr Knightley's wedding, even if there was a "shocking lack of satin ribbons." ;)

hey sweet april! how are you today? are you on your first cup of tea yet? heehee!

hello jack!

thank you for that pic from Emma! that is my favorite scene! that is such a beautiful wedding dress!

oh let me pour your tea for you dahlink. would you like one lump or two? the garden looks so lovely today, the flowers swaying in the breeze.

i love that drawing!! i do love that soundtrack from Emma too.

Mr. Darcy:where have you two been? we have been paused for days....and days!

lizzy:do tell darlings

april:we were unavoidably detained

theresa: yes that is it, we are ever so sorry!

do you think they will forgive us?

I think the Darcy's are very understanding people these days. They've learned their lesson not to be too proud or prejudiced, even with tardy guests-to-tea. I am on my second cuppa, my dear! And how are you?

Naughty Emma and the patient Mr. Knightley, shall we invite them to tea as well?

emma%20and%20knightley.jpg

yes!! please do invite them! the more the better!! heehee! you really think theyll forgive us? i hope so!! i dont know what i'd do if lizzy and darcy didnt fogrive me. heehee! im on my second cuppa tea dahlink too....and relishing a cuppa grapes with it. heehee! are we up for rasberry filled scones?

should we ask lizzy and emma what they want?

I think we lost our two couples! We'd better invite Gary, Clark, Ronnie and Walter over just to make sure we have someone to talk to. ;)

By now I'm on to my sixth cuppa!

Say, Theresa! After inviting Walter Miss Greer immediately enlisted his aid in making a new batch of tea. At least I think that's tea in that cauldron....

image?id=90735&rendTypeId=4

you just made me giggle out loud!!! it does seem to look this way, emma is too busy with mr knightly, and darcy seems to have been abandoned by greer. heehee! now we have walter, greer, gary, we cant forget robbie ryan, and everyone else. heehee! do you think we have enough people to chat with? heehee!

im on my 5 cuppa darlin'. rats! youre beating me! heehee!

yay! she's making a batch of tea just for all of us. what a swetheart she is! and that scary liquid stuff she is pouring, is cream right? heehee!

At least I think that's tea in that cauldron....

Uh-huh.

and that scary liquid stuff she is pouring, is cream right? heehee!

Ohh, I'm sure.

If you're going to wander about into this trail you have to list your favorite music, Mr. Grimes. :P

yay! she's making a batch of tea just for all of us. what a swetheart she is! and that scary liquid stuff she is pouring, is cream right? heehee!

Now that's how tea should taste! And the after effects are splendid! Be sure you have some, Theresa, before Greer and Walter drink it all up! oops! The Transylvanian is here now there won't be any left! :0