MissGoddess

Off Topic: Favorite Music?

6,605 posts in this topic

Hiya, Jackie F! -- Not sentimental? After those ooey-gooey You Tube presentations you just played for us? Come on.

Don't be fooled. My favorite films feature psychos.

This one's for you, FrankieG:

That song seems quite familiar to me, although it's way too sentimental for me. Here's something a lot stronger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lE6Htee0sA

Caution: this one is dripping in blood... or is it butterscotch? ;)

Favorite groups? Here's one:

Linda in Hangover Square

hangoversquare10.jpg

hangoversquare11.jpg

Marlene in Morocco

morocco1.jpg

morocco2.jpg

morocco3.jpg

morocco4.jpg

Veronica in This Gun for Hire

thisgunforhire1.jpg

thisgunforhire2.jpg

thisgunforhire3.jpg

thisgunforhire4.jpg

Rita in Gilda

gilda1.jpg

gilda2.jpg

gilda3.jpg

gilda4.jpg

gilda5.jpg

gilda6.jpg

gilda7.jpg

gilda8.jpg

gilda9.jpg

gilda10.jpg

gilda11.jpg

Audrey in Breakfast at Tiffany's

breakfastattiffanys1.jpg

breakfastattiffanys2-1.jpg

breakfastattiffanys3.jpg

breakfastattiffanys4.jpg

breakfastattiffanys5.jpg

breakfastattiffanys6.jpg

breakfastattiffanys7.jpg

breakfastattiffanys8.jpg

breakfastattiffanys9.jpg

breakfastattiffanys10.jpg

breakfastattiffanys11.jpg

breakfastattiffanys12.jpg

breakfastattiffanys13.jpg

breakfastattiffanys14.jpg

AIR SUPPLY!!!!! Yay!!! Someone else with GREAT taste! I love Air Supply, I could listen to them all day. :D

Well, I was afraid to click on your favorite song links at first because of your notorious tastes, but thank heavens there was nothing more shocking than Olivia Newton John or INXS (you like Aussies, don't you?).

Olivia really does have an extraordinary voice, what on earth is she doing with herself lately? Does anyone know? She was sick for a while, right? But I haven't heard a peep. And didn't her husband mysteriously "disappear"?

I still haven't seen *Hangover Square* and I still can't believe those shots made it into the movie.

Somehow those lyrics to Marlene's and Veronica's songs seem naughtier when you read them than when you listen to them in the movie! They seem to have a double meaning I didn't catch before. No wonder Coop found his way to her dressing room so quickly.

I thought they supposedly "found" ON-J's husband or boyfriend. The story is that he was trying to change identities or something and just ran off on his boat....don't know if this is true or not-I saw it while passing by Nancy Grace's show...blecchh. (sorry if someone here likes her)

Frank- loved the INXS vid. They were a great band.

I knew you had a soft spot- including Audrey in that lineup of sultry nightclub singers. And in Breakfast at Tiffany's, one of the most romantic movies ever made! Personally, I think she should have run off with Cat and skipped yucky George Peppard.

Ha ha! Lot's of men have pulled that one, I guess, and still many more dream of it. Thanks for the ON-J "update"!

Personally, I think she should have run off with Cat and skipped yucky George Peppard.

I completely agree!

Hey, Jackie F -- Frank- loved the INXS vid. They were a great band.

:) My one personality likes INXS and the era in which they were born. My other personality prefers something A LOT different.

I knew you had a soft spot- including Audrey in that lineup of sultry nightclub singers. And in Breakfast at Tiffany's, one of the most romantic movies ever made!

I'm warning you, don't be fooled. I'm not a sentimental guy at all. I only care about sultry nightclub singers. Once ButterscotchGreer shows up on the board, she'll set the record straight. She knows my musical tastes better than anyone around here. Well, her and MetsFan. J-Girl knows my other side better.

Personally, I think she should have run off with Cat and skipped yucky George Peppard.

I completely agree!

Man, you girls are very tough on the guys.

Hi, Miss Goddess -- AIR SUPPLY!!!!! Yay!!! Someone else with GREAT taste! I love Air Supply, I could listen to them all day.

I must be caught in some sort of weird universe because I've never heard of Air Supply being linked with "GREAT taste."

Olivia really does have an extraordinary voice

What voice? I never noticed. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IME0Ch7WAF0

Well, I was afraid to click on your favorite song links at first because of your notorious tastes, but thank heavens there was nothing more shocking than Olivia Newton John or INXS

Do my "notorious" tastes scare you so? I'm sorry to have let you down.

Well, I better start living up to my rep with you. So if you want a good scare, click on these links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAemUyarBE4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb08bh-aHz4

(you like Aussies, don't you?).

A little bit.

I still haven't seen Hangover Square and I still can't believe those shots made it into the movie.

Ohhh, come on. That's clean, innocent fun.

Somehow those lyrics to Marlene's and Veronica's songs seem naughtier when you read them than when you listen to them in the movie! They seem to have a double meaning I didn't catch before. No wonder Coop found his way to her dressing room so quickly.

Marlene's song is definitely naughty. She's selling apples for a reason, ya know. I don't think Veronica's song is naughty at all. She's only singing about the game of love. "No, yes, no, yes... no!" Girls are serious teases. Guys, on the other hand, are not. ;)

My lack of culture greatly outshines my poor taste in music.

well that makes it all better frankie of course. heehee! yes i know what kind of music you like. "in your eyes" is a great song, one i absolutely love!!

Manhattan blizzards are far-reaching, Cowgirl.

really? than my whole body must be numb, b/c i cant feel any coldness. it is close to 65 degrees right now in Austin, TX.

Ohhh no, she couldn't. She's in either high heels, slippers, or enpointes. You've got her.

slippers can really make you move though, havent you heard? heehee! hey dont pick on april in her high heels, i should know, ive got plenty of 'em. heehee! i still think she can outrun me big time. i am such a slow runner.

I would definitely watch Greer sing in a canteen. But, yes, I do prefer Veronica and Rita in a nightclub. I did like the "cute little song." Greer is quite enchanting and very warm and sweet at that part of Random Harvest.

i could have guessed. is that the only reason you would go see her, if she sings in a canteen in her little scottish skirt? shame on you frankiefurter. heehee!

Grace is never indecorous. She's decorative:

well grace was surely decorating the big screen with her presence...unfortunately we three girls didnt appreciate her decorative presence next to gary. heehee! loverly video though. ;)

Hi, Broadway Butterscotch! -- Manhattan blizzards are far-reaching, Cowgirl.

really? than my whole body must be numb, b/c i cant feel any coldness. it is close to 65 degrees right now in Austin, TX.

Lucky you! It's in the 20s here.

I need to warm up with some scary, bloody stuff. If you don't like that kind of stuff, don't click:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L--cqAI3IUI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxz_JBuyF4I

Ohhh no, she couldn't. She's in either high heels, slippers, or enpointes. You've got her.

slippers can really make you move though, havent you heard? heehee! hey dont pick on april in her high heels, i should know, ive got plenty of 'em. heehee! i still think she can outrun me big time. i am such a slow runner.

Her legs are too short.

Okay, here's some of my one personality. I like this dame and song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME0U9nY0AH4

I would definitely watch Greer sing in a canteen. But, yes, I do prefer Veronica and Rita in a nightclub. I did like the "cute little song." Greer is quite enchanting and very warm and sweet at that part of Random Harvest.

i could have guessed. is that the only reason you would go see her, if she sings in a canteen in her little scottish skirt? shame on you frankiefurter. heehee!

Hey, I like gals in skirts. ;)

Grace is never indecorous. She's decorative:

well grace was surely decorating the big screen with her presence...unfortunately we three girls didnt appreciate her decorative presence next to gary. heehee! loverly video though. ;)

I heard you and Kim whistle when Grace appeared on the screen. I knew you couldn't resist her. It's tough not to love her. She's such a darling, little angel.

Just look at how sweet and adorable Grace is.

highnoon14.jpg

Oh Frankie, I love you!

You are right. Brian Wilson can be a little scary! I just loved your selection of Beach Boys and Monkees songs. I hope you actually like them, because you picked out two of the best songs of all time- God Only Knows and Wouldn't it be Nice. Do you have the Pet Sounds box set? There is a track of God Only Knows in which the boys sing the ending a capella, it literally sends a thrill down my spine every time I hear it. How anyone could sing so beautifully I don't know. Did you know Brian was deaf in one ear? and he still arranged all those harmonies perfectly.

The Monkees? Great when I was five and still great .... now. Whew. Almost slipped and let my age be known. :)

Her legs are too short.

Excuuuuuse me! I know you aren't talking about ME. My legs are very long as any ballet dancer's must be!

Excuuuuuse me! I know you aren't talking about ME. My legs are very long as any ballet dancer's must be!

hey sweet april!! i took ballet as well, when i was littler. i also took tap dancing, which i liked more. angie took those two also but she took them longer than i did. thats so cool that weall did ballet!!

hey frankie meanie sweetie pie. heehee!

Lucky you! It's in the 20s here

i would love for it to actually snow down here once in a while though. you can never have too much snow. its funny, b/c i hate the col, but i love the snow. heehee!

Hey, I like gals in skirts.

you indecorous you, frankie! heehee!

I heard you and Kim whistle when Grace appeared on the screen. I knew you couldn't resist her. It's tough not to love her. She's such a darling, little angel.

i think you're confusing our situation. the reason you heard us whistling wasnt for grace, but for gary......in your dreams, frankie!!! heehee!

she was too much of a "whuss" as you so eloquently put it in High Noon. ;)

Okay, here's some of my one personality. I like this dame and song:

i bet you like that. again with the indecorousness coming out of you. heehee! youre just on fire today frankiefurter! :)

you can never have too much snow.

I promise to send you ALL the snow we ever get again in Manhattan, Sweet T---in exchange for some of that warm weather! lol

It's funny because I liked tap much more as a kid but then after about age 13 I was devoted exclusively to ballet for the next 15 years.

I promise to send you ALL the snow we ever get again in Manhattan, Sweet T---in exchange for some of that warm weather! lol

well that wouldnt help any....as soon as you send it to me, it will melt within ten seconds. :( oh no!!! i wanna go skiing again. that was so fun!

dont worry, ill just ship off all that warm weather we get down here up to you okay. ;) i'll have to get a bigger box though.

ButterscotchGreer and Miss Goddess- in order to serve tea to Mr. and Mrs. Darcy, you must have an impeccable butler....

lol! Whose voice was that? It sounded like "Frith" from Rebecca....

And you're perfectly right, Jackie---we must have a butler, straight from Central Casting!

arthur1.jpg

It's funny because I liked tap much more as a kid but then after about age 13 I was devoted exclusively to ballet for the next 15 years.

i liked ballet more as a littler kid, since im still in my teens. heehee! but after a few years of ballet, i had turned more into tap. it always made me more happy and carefree. now i am completely into tap still.i think its wonderful that you are so into ballet, april! are you real good at it?

I use to be fairly good, but I haven't been doing it much since I had a knee accident a couple of years ago, but it's still my "work out" because I hate going to the gym (boring). :) I even love watching movies about ballet, like *The Turning Point* and White Nights (I used to have a mad crush on Mikhail Baryshnikov). Funny, I've never really cared much for The Red Shoes, though I do think it's ravishing looking, and of course I love the location. ;)

ButterscotchGreer and Miss Goddess- in order to serve tea to Mr. and Mrs. Darcy, you must have an impeccable butler....

lol! Whose voice was that? It sounded like "Frith" from Rebecca....

And you're perfectly right, Jackie---we must have a butler, straight from Central Casting!

jackie? is that your name? loverly! well you are right as well as you are too april! i think we should hire a butler. it would make our tea parties so much mroe enjoyable. we wouldnt have to get up to do everything anymore. how wonderful! i wonder if frankie would consider the job. heehee!

i couldnt listen to that clip, my computer wont let me. i will have to wait until i get into the ACC computer lab on tuesday. what did it say?