Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

House GOP ends russia investigation without telling democrats

19 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

:lol:

Doing so is likely to hurt the GOP in the mid-terms as well as the Pennsylvania election this Tuesday.

So we will see who has the last laugh.   :P 

49 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Doing so is likely to hurt the GOP in the mid-terms as well as the Pennsylvania election this Tuesday.

So we will see who has the last laugh.   :P 

Lots of things were supposed to hurt Trump and the GOP. His supporters will simply not care.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

:lol:

I preferred your original post likening the GOP to a crime syndicate.  Too bad you removed it.

• Thanks 1

"I'm the head of the MAGA, the biggest crime syndicate around.

I'm 300 pounds of solid muscle!

no one can stand up to the power of the kingpin and live!

I'm the smartest and when I choose to be, the meanest."

Related image

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

Lots of things were supposed to hurt Trump and the GOP. His supporters will simply not care.

True that. I don't believe he's lost any of his support and, in fact, may have gained some since the election.

There's a natural instinct in many people to sympathize with someone who's perceived as being constantly under attack yet remaining more or less the same.

10 hours ago, darkblue said:

True that. I don't believe he's lost any of his support and, in fact, may have gained some since the election.

There's a natural instinct in many people to sympathize with someone who's perceived as being constantly under attack yet remaining more or less the same.

I agree Trump supporters will remain Trump supporters but that doesn't mean Dems will not make gains in 2018 elections.   There is no Hillary to vote against and a lot of Sanders supporters and other progressive that didn't vote in 2016 are energized.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I agree Trump supporters will remain Trump supporters but that doesn't mean Dems will not make gains in 2018 elections.   There is no Hillary to vote against and a lot of Sanders supporters and other progressive that didn't vote in 2016 are energized.  

Do Democrat voters have a history of coming out for mid terms?

8 minutes ago, darkblue said:

Do Democrat voters have a history of coming out for mid terms?

No they don't but most Americans don't follow politics much to begin with,  especially those under 50, but Trump making it like a reality T.V. show has changed the landscape.   This did help Trump win but now he is way overexposed and Dem turnout has been higher than usual in the special elections held since Trump became President.

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

but now he is way overexposed

"Over" indicates you think he'll suffer somehow in his numbers. I'm not so sure. I think it's not only possible that the exposure is getting many people used to him now, but that they're not seeing him nearly as insane as they once assumed.

I guess we'll see. One thing that seems certain is that Dems aren't doing anything to win voters - they appear to be counting on hatred of Trump as all their eggs.

With his popularity rising while Dem popularity is on the decline (even DACA people have started protesting Dems!), 8 more months is an awful long opportunity for Trump to work his magic - or con, as some people consider it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, darkblue said:

"Over" indicates you think he'll suffer somehow in his numbers. I'm not so sure. I think it's not only possible that the exposure is getting many people used to him now, but that they're not seeing him nearly as insane as they once assumed.

I guess we'll see. One thing that seems certain is that Dems aren't doing anything to win voters - they appear to be counting on hatred of Trump as all their eggs.

With his popularity rising while Dem popularity is on the decline (even DACA people have started protesting Dems!), 8 more months is an awful long opportunity for Trump to work his magic - or con, as some people consider it.

now that's what I think.

:D

17 minutes ago, darkblue said:

I assume independent voters that picked Trump over Clinton as the lesser evil have seen too much of Trump's antics and that has turned them off.    But as noted that isn't enough for someone to vote Dem in the mid-term.   So we agree that Dems need to run on something other then 'vote for me,  I hate Trump!'.     E.g. specific policy issues that matter in the district \ state they are in.   

Are there enough Dems wise enough and with enough political experience to do that?   Clearly there isn't enough political experience (Dems are running more first-time candidates than ever before),   so we will have to wait and see.

• Like 1

and tonite we will have a first indication.

way to go, the sacconester!

:)

11 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Kumail NanjianiVerified account @kumailn 23h23 hours ago

Coincidentally, my cat also concluded her investigation into Russian collusion and found no wrongdoing. Her report will be published soon.

I'm disappointed with your cat's conclusion, mr6666. She should have been more dogged in her pursuit of the truth.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Kumail NanjianiVerified account @kumailn 23h23 hours ago

Coincidentally, my cat also concluded her investigation into Russian collusion and found no wrongdoing. Her report will be published soon.

I don't know your cat, mr6666, but I have to ask why her investigation was held in secrecy. I heard NOTHING about it! Did anyone else?

Why did the American public have no opportunity to see her examination of the witnesses?

Were there subpoenas issued for witnesses that refused to cooperate or did she say, "Okay, that's purrrrfect. Thanks for dropping by. And thanks for the kitty treats."

Finally, does your cat look anything like this . . .

top-10-politically-incorrect-cats-who-lo

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, darkblue said:

I definitely agree with this. Many of the politicians are basically saying "vote for me because I'm not as racist or stupid as Trump" but then they don't give clear cut policies that explain why you should vote for them.