Sign in to follow this  
TheCid

Trump Fires Tillerson

18 posts in this topic

Trump fired Sec. of State Tillerson and has nominated Mike Pompeo, CIA Director to replace him.  Will others in government resign?

Latest reports say that Tillerson found out about his firing the same way as everyone else, through a tweet.

I know we already knew this but pardon me as I repeat it again . . .

This President has

NO CLASS!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomJH said:

Latest reports say that Tillerson found out about his firing the same way as everyone else, through a tweet.

I know we already knew this but pardon me as I repeat it again . . .

This President has

NO CLASS!

Understatement, but more critically he has no competence, morals or any of the other attributes an actual leader needs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheCid said:

Understatement, but more critically he has no competence, morals or any of the other attributes an actual leader needs.

he doan need 'em...

he's our Donny!

:)

16 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

he doan need 'em...

he's our Donny!

:)

And someone who eagerly embraces Trump's low class, boorish behaviour says a lot about himself for doing so.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Obama Fires Top General Without Even a Phone Call

President Barack Obama fired General James Mattis, the head of Central Command, without even calling the general to let him know he was being replaced.

"I am told that General Mattis was travelling and in a meeting when an aide passed him a note telling him that the Pentagon had announced his replacement as head of Central Command. It was news to him -- he hadn't received a phone call or a heads-up from anyone at the Pentagon or the White House."

It's amazing how some memories here have faded out so quickly, they get blinded by politics. (insert rocking chair). Obama must have been out on the golf course for this one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

Remarkable statement from State Department spokesman on Tillerson firing:

DYK-ps3W4AAO0h7.jpg

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

#BREAKING: Top State Dept aide fired after saying Tillerson was "unaware" of Trump's reason for replacing him http://hill.cm/lpvKcgH 

DYLozYaWkAELVN3.jpg

Steve Goldstein, the Undersecretary for Public Diplomacy, has also been fired along with the Secretary of State because he gave an honest accounting of the events surrounding  the Secretary's firing.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TomJH said:

And someone who eagerly embraces Trump's low class, boorish behaviour says a lot about himself for doing so.

Pompeo will agree with donny on that horrid iran nuke deal and the democrats will go ballistic on CIA director nominee Gina Haspel for her oversight of the jihadist torture program...

I'd love for mcconnell to once again hafta use the nuclear option to confirm her just to hear senate democrats squeal like stuck pigs.

:D

When you call a ******* moron a ******* moron, things might just

turn out badly for you. OTOH, Sexy Rexy will never have to deal with

that particular ******* moron again. 

• Like 1

I wonder if Haley was so quick to jump on congratulating Trump for replacing Tillerson with Pompeo because she thinks it may result in her moving into Sec. State job at some point.  If Pompeo can't make the cut, who will be next?

11 minutes ago, TheCid said:

I wonder if Haley was so quick to jump on congratulating Trump for replacing Tillerson with Pompeo because she thinks it may result in her moving into Sec. State job at some point.  If Pompeo can't make the cut, who will be next?

this guy...

Related image

-_-

Nation Marvels at Trump’s Ability to Turn ExxonMobil Multimillionaire Into Sympathetic Figure

"Rex Tillerson made tens of millions of dollars a year while ordinary consumers like me suffered from high gas prices,” Tracy Klugian, a hardware-store clerk in Lansing, Michigan, said. “Having said that, no one deserves to be treated the way he was today.”

“ExxonMobil had an egregious record for environmental damage and human-rights violations around the world,” Carol Foyler, a school counsellor in Santa Rosa, California, said. “Still, your heart has to go out to him.”

As for Tillerson, he bid a gracious farewell to his associates at the State Department and announced that, even though his government career was at an end, he would never stop trying to harm the world as a private citizen.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/nation-marvels-at-trumps-ability-to-turn-exxonmobil-multimillionaire-into-sympathetic-figure?mbid=social_facebook

• Haha 4

A whole bunch of Onion:

Rex Tillerson Blindsided By News He Still Worked For State Department

and

Morale Low At State Department After Only Employee Fired

and

Secretary Of State Fired After Inappropriately Weighing In On International Politics

and

Rex Tillerson Shoots Mike Pompeo Quick Email Explaining All The Countries

WASHINGTON—Jotting down a few thoughts in order to help his replacement hit the ground running, departing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson reportedly shot Mike Pompeo a quick email Tuesday to help get him up to speed on all the countries. “Hey Mike, just wanted to give you a brief rundown on the nations of the Earth before I head out,” read Tillerson’s email, which then proceeded to list, in no particular order, the 206 countries of the world, along with brief, often one-word descriptions for each. “Mexico: Spanish-speaking nation on southern border that doesn’t like walls; Australia: big island with kangaroos and no guns; China: communists, trading partner, we owe them lots of money; Nigeria: hot; Saudi Arabia: fantastic; South Korea: ???” Sources confirmed Tillerson concluded his email by saying there was no need to stress out about remembering everything on the list, as he hadn’t found it necessary to know all that much about the countries and Pompeo probably wouldn’t either.

:lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

Rogue WH Snr Advisor @RogueSNRadvisor 8h8 hours ago

How is anyone still deluding themselves that Trump & Russia don't work in lockstep? What more evidence do you need?

-_-

Tillerson Fired by Trump Hours After Blaming Russia for Chemical Attack in U.K.

https://theintercept.com/2018/03/13/tillerson-fired-trump-hours-blaming-russia-chemical-attack-uk/

7 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

Pompeo will agree with donny on that horrid iran nuke deal and the democrats will go ballistic on CIA director nominee Gina Haspel for her oversight of the jihadist torture program...

I'd love for mcconnell to once again hafta use the nuclear option to confirm her just to hear senate democrats squeal like stuck pigs.

Pompeo has a lot in common with Obama-- they're both Harvard Law.