Sign in to follow this  
ken123

Hot Redheads !

47 posts in this topic

Of the classic film era ( 1930 - 1960 ) Maureen O' Hara, Myrna Loy, Jeanette MacDonald, Rhonda Fleming, Ann Sheridan, and some other actress named.....Garson, Garson......Garson Kanin or some such name.Paulette Goddard and Jeanne Crain were redhead also, but not always. Will anyone else add names to my list of favorites ?

Susan Hayward was nominated for an Academy Award five times. She finally won in 1958 for her portrayal of convicted murderer Barbara Grahame in "I Want To Live".Susan was a natural redhead.

Rita Hayworth and Lucille Ball? They are true redheads? look at their old films before they made a breakthrough..Rita was a brunette and Lucille too. Thats like saying, Hedy Lamarr was a real blonde.

Well if we're talking about redheads you can't forget about *Clara Bow*, whose most famous feature was her red hair. She had naturally auburn hair and then henna was added it to it to kinda punch it up a bit.

The only time she appeared in color was in 1928 for her movie entitled *Red Hair*. The opening sequence was in 2-strip Technicolor but unfortunately it has been lost. No color shots were ever taken of her either (at least none that survive as far as I know). Even though the world always saw her in b+w, she was the most famous redhead of her day.

Here are some colorized pics of her I found. I have some better ones on my PC at home and I'll post them later.

Bow010.jpg

Bow001.jpg

How can you forget Madeline Kahn and also why not add Cyndi Lauper she has been a redhead over the years then again she has had more colors in her hair than Crayola has in the boxes.

China...you just named all the perfect ones in the post below. But now I'm going to name an exquisite redhead: RHONDA FLEMING! Luscious!

Oh and correct me if I'm wrong: MYRNA LOY!!!

Oh yeah..."The Movie Star" on "Gilligan's Island." Lovely.

And with that said, don't forget Jayne's sister Audrey. ("To the moon Alice!")

Practically forgotten today but Nancy Carroll was a redhead and according to the gossip of the time had a red hot temper as well. Her red hair is visible in the two strip technicolor film "Follow Thru".

Message was edited by: smokey15

I liked Nancy in *Child of Manhattan*, it's b+w though so you can't see her red hair. Here's a pretty pic of her and my main man Gary Cooper :x from one of their silent films *Shopworn Angel* (1928). This one would be pretty colorized, I don't know how to do that though. Is *Follow Thru* available anywhere? I love old 2-strip movies.

legendsbook0006new.jpg