17 posts in this topic

I've had a Facebook group for the Orlando area started since last June. There's actually enough members to get going, but they're a quiet bunch, and we really can't get the ball swinging without any kind of dialogue going. If there's anybody in the Orlando area interested in starting a local chapter, please respond here or come join the Facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1536584983091205/

Hi John,

I am interested in joining since it the closest available to me, but I live in Ormond Beach, so I may not be able to attend as many functions. If we can all get a schedule, I would only request some locations be closer to the north side of Orlando off I-4.

I found that the Wayne Densch Center in Sanford shows classic films (https://www.wdpac.com/cinema), as well as the Enzian Theater in Maitland (https://enzian.org/calendar/). Or, we can all just meet to introduce ouselves and talk film before planning events.

I'll join the FB group and post the same. Let's see if we can get this going!

Thanks,

Amy

• Like 1

Hi, Debbie. Currently there are three of us scattered across Central Florida and we have started having meet-ups for the TCM screenings at a theater in Port Orange. We need five to become an official chapter.

Debbie, I missed "The Producers" at Port Orange due to emergency call, but I am planning on "West Side Story". Join us!

In Orlando, Winter Garden actually, and would be interested in the group. I don't have a facebook though. I can monitor this forum for info.

Thanks. Can't do this weekend, but I'll keep an eye out for the next meet-up.

What do we have to do to become an official chapter?

2 hours ago, Duelingdragon said:

Thanks. Can't do this weekend, but I'll keep an eye out for the next meet-up.

What do we have to do to become an official chapter?

Next meet-up is The Big Lebowski August 5, same location. I'll post more about it here later.

First thing we need to become official is at least 5 people who are already Backlot members. We're not quite there yet. More information can be found here: https://www.tcmbacklot.com/local-chapters

Our group is still small and unofficial, but we still have plans to meet up for the TCM screening of the The Big Lebowski at 2pm on Sunday August 5 at:

Regal Cinemas Pavilion 14 & RPX
5547 S. Williamson Blvd., Port Orange, Florida 32128

All, I am thinking of joining the backlot but have not had a chance to. For years have been a huge fan of classic movies and would love to converse with like minded people.  I live in Orlando and would love to get involved.

Regards

Dave

It looks like we are one e-mail address away from becoming an official chapter. Talk to any of your friends who are also Backlot members!

Hi,

I'm Gina and just joined TCM Backlot. I live in the Winter Park/Casselberry area. The Enzian Theater is close to me, and is really lovely. Hoping some functions will be held there. I'm a "newbie" and working my way through the website.

Hi there! I'm Heather and I also just requested to join your fb group as well. I joined backlot and I would love to get together with fellow central fl fans!!!