JenLovesClassics

Backlot Members Needed - North San Diego, CA,

9 posts in this topic

Hi there~

I live in Rancho Bernardo. Are you talking Escondido, Carlsbad, Oceanside, that far north county? I'm interested in joining your group if we can figure out a way to get together at a mutually-advantageous spot.

Let me know.

Rynn

Hi Jennifer,

Well, count me in! I'm in "southern" north county but would love to meet up with you fellow backlotters. Please contact me about your next meet-up. Very excited to meet you!

Rynn

Hi Rynn,

Our group is growing, we just added another member, her name is Rene.  Rene will be helping to put our events together, she has a lot of good ideas.  We can't officially kick this group off until we receive another member, which we're hoping to have another member within the month.  We're hoping to be ready to go in June, when we have 5 people.  I'll let you know when we are official.

Jennifer

Hi, I'm Julia and joined Backlot about 6 weeks ago, just in time to enjoy the benefits at the TCMFF.  So, I'm not in North County, I'm in Point Loma but am interested in a Backlot group.  I also spoke to another possible member at the TCMFF, but he is not in North County either.  Would you consider having a San Diego group for now, with events around the county just to get something going?  We could always split up later if it made sense, like if there were enough people.  I'm thinking about it especially because the Ken Cinema in North Park has a great week of classic films coming up in June -- a couple of which I didn't see at the TCMFF because I made other choices, but I'd still like to see them.  What do you think?

• Like 1

Hi Julie ... if I have a vote, my thought is to be inclusive to ALL San Diegans in this group. I think it was a good idea to focus on a certain geographical area in the county but the growth of the only San Diego group is extremely slow and I think the goal of the group is to grow and bring many like-minded people in. If I'm not mistaken, North County is the only chapter in San Diego County as of this writing. Including everyone no matter in which area they live into one group for now seems like a smart thing to do... and maybe split into small parts later. Just my opinion.

Cheryl Mealy

• Thanks 1

I'd be interested in a San Diego group ... work has me tied up for most of June and July, but I'd like to meet some like-minded film fanatics.

Gary