[[Template core/front/global/tcmTabBar is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
whistlingypsy

Do you know this cartoon?

10 posts in this topic

I?m trying to discover the title and creator of a cartoon that I saw as a kid. The cartoon opens to show that winter is at an end and spring is near. The gnomes underground are still sleeping but the alarm clock awakens them to spring. They prepare the colors to bring color to the world but Old Man Winter tries to thwart their efforts. Finally, after much struggle, the gnomes fill the flowers, leaves, grass and sky with color! Do you know this cartoon?

Yes, that's TO SPRING from MGM, released June 20th,1936, produced by Hugh Harman and Rudolf Ising and directed by Bill Hanna. "Time for spring I say!"

Thanks waffles for your quick response and for the information. I'm guessing that Harman and Ising made up the "Harman-Ising" team that devloped many cartoon titles. "Time for spring I say!" I suppose that is what made me remember this cartoon. I actually saw a butterfly on my walk this morning. . .ah well, it is in the 70's in my part of the country. Thanks again for all your help.

Rich,

Thanks for the link to YouTube! I'm on my way to watch it now. . .Thanks for all your help and suggestions. I remember that you were one of the first here to welcome me to the boards on my first thread; you will always have a special place in my heart.

You may call me Karin, if you like.

Rich, you're absolutely right! Gooey is only good in chocolate chip cookies How do you do that? I haven't worked out the bold and italic options let alone the insert option.

Ah well, "April Showers" is singing to me...it is time for BAMBI.

Just type the colon : followed by the parenthesis ) and you get :)

Type the colon followed by the parenthesis ( and you get :(

Type the semicolon followed by the parenthesis and you get a wink ;)

Forget bold and italics ... the menu above doesn't work for that, although there are ways to do it but I keep messing it up.

Forget bold and italics ... the menu above doesn't work for that, although there are ways to do it but I keep messing it up.

Follow the following method, using b for bold, i for italics, u for underline:

[x] message [/x] . Or I guess you could type it in Word, then copy/paste it into here (not sure). But it would be so much nicer if the pages would do what they say they will!

Good luck.

Bill