radioactive-f2_032220181142.jpg

8:00 PM The Incredible Shrinking Man

9:30 PM Them!

11:15 PM The Magnetic Monster 

12:45 PM Die, Monster, Die!

2:15 AM The Giant Behemoth

3:45 AM The H-Man

5:15 AM The Phantom From 10,000 Leagues 

Good lineup but I would've swapped Shrinking and Die for Godzilla and Mothra.   

I agree with you- "Die Monster Die" is not about atomic radiation but a weak adaptation of H P Lovecrafts " The Color Out of Space" about the effects of an alien meteorite.

On 3/27/2018 at 10:34 PM, jaragon said:

I agree with you- "Die Monster Die" is not about atomic radiation but a weak adaptation of H P Lovecrafts " The Color Out of Space" about the effects of an alien meteorite.

Also I can't help but find it odd to see a horror movie star like Boris Karloff in a movie like that. The only reason I'd get rid of shrinking man is because I didn't know that it was supposed to be about radiation, I just thought it was some weird mist. Also I find it strange that they played the H-Man over Godzilla and Mothra since it's not as famous as those movies are. I'm not insulting TCM but I feel like it could have different or split into two nights like that mental health theme a couple of weeks ago.   

On 3/29/2018 at 9:15 AM, universalkaiju said:

Also I can't help but find it odd to see a horror movie star like Boris Karloff in a movie like that. The only reason I'd get rid of shrinking man is because I didn't know that it was supposed to be about radiation, I just thought it was some weird mist. Also I find it strange that they played the H-Man over Godzilla and Mothra since it's not as famous as those movies are. I'm not insulting TCM but I feel like it could have different or split into two nights like that mental health theme a couple of weeks ago.   

The various Starz Encore channels have been airing the Godzilla movies from the Shōwa era recently which probably precludes TCM from doing the same that night.

On 4/7/2018 at 12:43 PM, LiamCasey said:

The various Starz Encore channels have been airing the Godzilla movies from the Shōwa era recently which probably precludes TCM from doing the same that night.

I know, it's just when it comes to monsters caused by radiation, Godzilla and the other Toho kaiju are probably the most famous.

• Like 1