NipkowDisc

John Payne in Hold Back the Night (1956)

10 posts in this topic

since tcm has seen fit to make a big wup of late over John Payne and his film noir vehicles I wonder if I should bust a gut to provide something that has become near invisible.

Hold Back the Night, a 1956 korean war film about a squad of GIs in korea with payne as the CO who goes through two wars with a leather pouched bottle of scotch. I suppose you can buy it but try and get it any other way. I was fortuitious enough to grab it by torrent years ago.

today this curious little film has all but disappeared from view. also in the film are mona freeman, chuck connors and peter graves.

I could rip my disc and upload to youtube but should I go to the trouble for a buncha guys who are always knockin' me?

you see, I've been going through my collection since I got a portable DVD player and am having a ball watching all the stuff I've downloaded and burned to disc over the years...oh, today is my birthday. I'm 59.

:)

Related image

Yeah, but as I recall here Nip, Shirley Booth isn't in this one.

And so I know this fact alone would probably set this film a little lower on your DVD playlist, wouldn't it?! ;)

(...btw, Happy Birthday, dude!) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

like alotta other films hold back the night is a movie that tcm should really be showing. nice opening music by hans salter.

tcm has their fixed film coffer and they're gonna stay stick with it. too bad. payne is pretty good in this.

I have this in VCD format but this is such a rare item I'm gonna convert the file and put it on a DVD.

not much point I know in telling tcm slackers to get cracking.

they doan care.

hold the presses!...

it's posted on youtube.

I post this link just so you guys know where to look.

here it is. a john payne movie that tcm passes on.

cute.

video removed by nipkowdisc because he obeys rules.

:)

• Thanks 1

Looks like a German print on YouTube. Thanks for mentioning this film. I am taking a look at it now. 

And of course, happy birthday.

• Like 1

the file I ripped off my old VCD sucks so using the mp4 file I got offa youtube converted it nicely for burning on to a DVD thanks to ConvertXtoDVD.

one of the best free cracked programs.

:D

Oh, and happy belated birthday.

59?  Geez.....you're just a KID!  :huh:

Sepiatone

• Like 1

I did watch the DVD of hold back the night I just burned but it's too stretched. my new portable DVD player does have a tendency to show things 16:9. I'll use WinAVI video converter and format it myself then burn it again.