Sign in to follow this  
krazykatclassics

"Seven Footprints To Satan" taken off of TCM's May schedule...

13 posts in this topic

Just last week, when browsing the TCM/May schedule, the extremely rare First National release, "Seven Footprints To Satan" (1929) was scheduled to air on May 30th(late friday/early saturday morning) at 4am, but now the film has been taken off of their schedule.

WHY TCM ?????

This is the second time in ten years that TCM has done this and I want to know why they did this, as I and other TCM board members were looking foward to seeing this rare horror film.The may airing would have been the world TCM premiere of this long lost feature and I can only hope that a TCM representative(that may be reading this post)can explain this and if this film will every see the light of day on this channel.

I've waited ten long years to see this feature and now we won't see it all and I can't tell you on how upset and ticked off I am with TCM...Thanks TCM :-(

This is a shame.

Seven Footprints to Satan is an extremely rare, 77-minute horror film about a young man of society, who wants to make an expedition to Africa, but his fianc?e asks him for help about one of her father's guests, shortly before his planned departure. Her suspects about that guest were serious, this man tries to steal one of her fathers rubies, and she and her fianc?e are kidnapped and brought to a house, where strange things happen. The whole thing becomes a nightmare under the direction of a mysterious Mr. Satan. The film has talking sequences, a musical score, and sound effects.

It sounds like a lot of fun.

Maybe it was "too graphic" for TCM.

Or... maybe they couldn't get a print.

I don't know.

I really wanted to see this...

(sigh)

Message was edited by: Metropolisforever

Message was edited by: Metropolisforever

So, did one of you Religious fanatics whine to TCM cus they were going to show a Satanic movie?

Why is it if it is a movie about God and or Religion all of us have to just put up with them, but schedule a really cool and RARE horror movie and the whole world comes to an END.

Don't you people have your own TV channels??

And BTW, If you people don't like these movies then don't tune in when they are on, that's what i do with your movies on Easter and Christmas.

What is it with America and Political Correctness with movies and TV all of the sudden??

Okay, I'm just going to ignore you

A wise decision on your part....

Excellent poster my friend..:-)

I hope that tcmprogranner can help answer on why this film has been taken off the TCM/May roster, as this is one of those rare films that deserves to be seen by a new generation.But who I can write to about this topic?

The issue was materials. We have the rights to it, so it was scheduled thinking we could play it. But there seems to be a problem with the quality of the materials we have access to. We will try to see if there's a way to play it in the future.