Sign in to follow this  
laffite

GENERAL TRIVIA QUESTION THREAD

5,760 posts in this topic

My computer had some sort of nervous breakdown at some point on Saturday. It's just been fixed. I'll post a question for you guys later or tomorrow. Thanks for waiting for me.- Lavender

Message was edited by: lavenderblue19

What 2 actors got into a fistfight while making a 1941 film? That fist fight caused one of the actors to refuse a role in a very important film years later since the other actor was in it.The director even signed this actor's son to play in the movie but he still refused .

What 2 actors, on the set of what film, and what film did 1 of the actors turn down years later?

This would be Edward G. Robinson and George Raft.

The first movie is "Manpower" (1941). The years-later film was "Some Like it Hot" (1959). Edward G. Robinson Jr. had a small role in "SLIH."

Cheers,

Dan

Billy Wilder was a big fan of the movie Manpower and wanted both EGR & George Raft to play gangsters in Some Like It Hot.Because they had gotten into a fist fight on the set of Manpower,

EGR swore that he would never work with Raft again.In an effort to entice Robinson to take the part,he signed Edward G Robinson Jr. He still refused.(his son is flipping a coin in the air.Raft grabs the coin in midair and says to him"where did you pick up that cheap trick?".

Your turn,Dan

Here's a new one:

What Top Ten vocalist and Grammy winner was featured in a brief, uncredited role in a 2000 film? I'm giving you the year of the film because this is a tough question. I'll also tell you that this vocalist is a male.

Name the singer and the film in which he played a brief part.

Cheers,

Dan

mr6666 wrote:

Harry Connick, Jr. ?

--was narrator for My Dog Skip (2000)

You got it, sixes! Take it away!

Cheers,

Dan

NAME THE MOVIE

No series of clues here -- this statement and nothing more.

A babysitter/drug mule will not ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT go on a trip in a plane without her "lucky" hat. She also goes against instructions and arranges her flight by using her employer's phone -- and that phone is simulcasting. Result: The end of a number of criminal

careers.

What movie?

Read about this not long ago and heard it on a Bio so it's fresh on my mind. There are differing opinions as to what happened and when but statements from a few sources say it's true, so I'll pose the question.

What actress called a friend frantically to say she needed to be rescued while on a set filming because an actor was beating her up after hours.?A famous star was then called to rescue her. Within 2 hours she was on a plane headed for home.

Now with that said,this is the version that was on biography. The account given in this actress' autobiography is slightly different. She says that yes this actor was beating her, however the worst beating happened after the film was completed and when she had already returned home to Cailifornia. So details are conflicting but it is confirmed that this actor beat her badly enough that she was badly injured. And some very scary looking guys she says did show up while filming and this did seem to calm the actor down.

Name the actress, and the actor involved.

No Dan,it's not the one I'm talking about. What one are you talking about? I wouldn't believe anything sinister about the cast of characters you mentioned either! Try again.

We're talking big time stars here. The actress was nominated for an Oscar ( for a different film ) and the actor Won an Oscar for the lead role ( in a different film ).

I think there is some interest in this question since there have been almost 100 views , but there are no replies.I'm trying to make this question challenging enough by not giving away too much obvious info in the clues. I'd like someone to take a crack at it,so I'll add this.

The actress whose autobiography this information is taken from is considered to have been one of the sexiest and most beautiful stars in film.

I have consulted with a higher power (lol) for my next clue. This suggestion might light up some bulbs. This film had a famous, well respected director.He also narrated and played a role in this film.