[[Template core/front/global/tcmTabBar is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
romanov1918

Michael Douglas on Live TCM slurring his words?

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone else notice this?  Is it maybe because he had the cancer on his tongue? Or is it my imagination?

I specifically came onto the boards to see if anyone had posted about this. He's definitely slurring. This was, I believe, filmed a year ago (he mentions having just lost his mother and that his father would be 101 "this December"). He looks great, but he's definitely slurring his words. Maybe it is an effect of the cancer...but you're NOT imagining it!

BLU

I forgot it was on and missed the beginning. I didnt notice any slurring, but with what he's been through, he's entitled! Was there NO mention of Basic Instinct? WTH? I turned it on when they were talking about China Syndrome. I assume they were talking chronologically, as the rest of the program was...

Yeah, I noticed there was a big jump near the end. I wonder why they didnt have a longer interview? Is there some rule it can only be an hour and some minutes? (LOL).

The actual interviews at the festival run roughly two hours, but for broadcast on TCM they are edited down to about 65 minutes. 

• Thanks 2

Now, that's ridiculous. They dont think we have long enough attention spans??? I figured they were edited but not THAT MUCH!

• Sad 2

19 hours ago, bundie said:

I specifically came onto the boards to see if anyone had posted about this. He's definitely slurring. This was, I believe, filmed a year ago (he mentions having just lost his mother and that his father would be 101 "this December"). He looks great, but he's definitely slurring his words. Maybe it is an effect of the cancer...but you're NOT imagining it!

BLU

What I noticed was he was wearing dentures and I think that's what may have made it seem like he was slurring his words. I noticed that about Doris Day, she wears dentures and I noticed that she sounded like she was slurring her words a bit  when she did a telephone interview years ago with Good Morning America and the promo she does for TCM.

The slurring of speech can also be a sign of a stroke. Small ones can go undiagnosed.

I was thinking that too while reading these.  But then, a SMALL stroke(TIA), which I had about four years ago really doesn't affect speech all that much.  Didn't bother mine at all.  But as I also wear a partial denture, that too, is a consideration.  Might be he just got a new set of plates? ;)

Sepiatone

1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

Might be he just got a new set of plates? ;)

Methinks with his money...he has dental implants

7 hours ago, Arteesto said:

Methinks with his money...he has dental implants

Nothing to do with money. He had cancer, I'm sure his gums were too inflamed for inplants, in fact his whole mouth and throat are probably not healthy enough for inplants, even if he had inplants that could have some impact on his speech. I really think his teeth situation is the reason some are saying that his speech sounded slurred.