Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

Damascus chemical facilities bombed by France, UK, United States

85 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

why attack now?

Because the chemical weapons inspectors were coming tomorrow and were gonna find out that there was no chemical attack last week. Trump had to order an attack before the inspectors could pour cold water on the excuse for the attack.

The military-industrial complex has to have war and the pressure it puts on all presidents to co-operate with its purposes is immense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A perfectly executed strike last night. Thank you to France and the United Kingdom for their wisdom and the power of their fine Military. Could not have had a better result. Mission Accomplished!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 14, 2018

 

by saying that donny is daring the msm to make an issue of his use of words saying I'm not that schtootz george w. bush so start something.

:lol:

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Mark Weisbrot @MarkWeisbrot 6h6 hours ago

 
 

Check it out and retweet: 88 members of US Congress demand no attack on Syria without Congressional authorization, as per US Constitution & War Powers Act.

Letter cites 2013 when Congress stopped Obama from bombing Syria. Will big media cover this? https://lofgren.house.gov/uploadedfiles/letter_to_potus_aumf_2018.2.pdf 

and obama naturally lacked the balls to act like a man and tell them he feels a moral imperative to act!...

but then he was no donald trump.

:P

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

and obama naturally lacked the balls to act like a man and tell them he feels a moral imperative to act!...

but then he was no donald trump.

:P

:lol:

and had he acted a little bit more like a legitimate leader and at least tried to back up his own red line the very deplorable americans who later would empower trump woulda supported him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya know nippy,you and John Bolton would make a fine pair.

That Son Of a Baltimore fireman never saw a war he didn't like and never showed any hesitation in his rhetoric to want to start a war somewhere,If he had the power to do it.BAD DOOD!!:angry:

Bolton has probably shot his so many times over this Syria strike that his pants are dripping wet,And here you are jumping up and down glorifying this strike like it's a good thing...why??

You n he must be peas in a pod.

Don't like war hawks like him.He's dangerous.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

and had he acted a little bit more like a legitimate leader and at least tried to back up his own red line the very deplorable americans who later would empower trump woulda supported him.

The airstrike by Ole Yellowstains Bonsepurs was truly heroic, huh.  Why not spend some of that wasted $250 million on the refugees?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and the msm started mischaracterizing the strikes last nite and continue doing it today minimizing any positive observations of trump as a strong assertive leader...

asking how does this latest strike hurt assad or effect the greater syrian conflict. selective msm deafness.

General Dunford clearly said last nite that the main objective was to greatly neutralize assad's ability to conduct any more chemical weapon attacks on innocent syrian men, women and children...

if that means anything on a moral level to the msm...which I doubt.

and to try and re-instate the obama red line...and which obama himself failed to maintain by his own chicken bleep cowardice.

:lol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JR33928 said:

Don't like war hawks like him. He's dangerous.

John Bolton has always struck me as a very angry man.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ted LieuVerified account @tedlieu 3h3 hours ago

 
 

Below is the Constitution.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/overviewIt DOES NOT say @POTUS can:

-engage in acts of war without Congressional approval

-use force for 60-90 days

-enforce the Chemical Weapons treaty by force

-attack a country that hasn't attacked the US

---------------------------------------

taught as a Const. lawyer, silly that Obama had more respect for rule of law -_-

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CNN is interviewing GOP representatives who wrote letters to Obama saying he had no right to attack Syria without Congress' approval.  They are dodging the hypocrisy as best possible.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

U.S., France, and the UK--the axis of semi-evil. :) Apparently the purpose of the

whole thing was the old George Wallace slogan, Send Them a Message. Since the

mission was to deter Assad from using chemical weapons again, how can we know

now that it was accomplished? After the Bush I and II shock and awe stuff, this is not

much of a big deal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly.  Obama held off because he made a deal with the Ruskies (Trump's pals) who guaranteed that the chemical weapons were all destroyed.  Now the Trump lovers are all over him because that turned out not to be the case.  I can't fault him for trying on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How 'Russiagate' Produced the Missile Attack on Syria

 

"............On Saturday morning, the top headline on the New York Times website was “U.S. Attacks Syria in Retaliatory Strike,” while the subhead declared that “Western resolve” was at work. The story led off by reporting that Trump “sought to punish President Bashar al-Assad for a suspected chemical attack near Damascus last weekend that killed more than 40 people.”

Try putting the shoe on the other foot for a moment. Imagine that Russia, with a similar rationale, fired missiles at U.S. ally Saudi Arabia because the Kremlin “sought to punish King Salman for his country’s war crimes in Yemen”—with such reportage appearing under a headline that described the Russian attack as a “retaliatory strike.”

The latest U.S. air attack on Russia’s close ally Syria was as much politically aimed at Moscow as at Damascus. And afterward, the televised adrenalin-pumped glee was as much an expression of pleasure about striking a blow at Putin as at Assad. After all, ever since Trump took office, the U.S. media and political elites have been exerting enormous pressures on him to polarize with Russia.

But let’s be clear: The pressures have not only been generated by corporate media and the political establishment. Across the United States, a wide range of people including self-described liberals and progressives—as individuals and organizations—have enthusiastically participated in the baiting, cajoling and denouncing of Trump as a Putin tool. That participation has stoked bellicose rhetoric by congressional Democrats, fueling the overall pressure on Trump to escalate tensions with Russia.....

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/how-russiagate-produced-the-missile-attack-on-syria/

:unsure:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Western airstrikes unlikely to impact Assad’s war machine

World Apr 14, 2018 2:07 PM EDT

BEIRUT — The Western airstrikes targeting suspected Syrian chemical weapons facilities might have rained down punishment from the sky, but they will not fundamentally degrade a war machine whose main bases, weaponry and personnel remain in place....

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/western-airstrikes-unlikely-to-impact-assads-war-machine

-_-

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vautrin said:

Since the mission was to deter Assad from using chemical weapons again, how can we know now that it was accomplished?

You doubt that those empty garages that were destroyed have ended any future chance of chemical weapons being used by anyone in Syria? 

How could you? Don't you listen to the mainstream media?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

and obama naturally lacked the balls to act like a man and tell them he feels a moral imperative to act!...

but then he was no donald trump.

:P

:lol:

Trump didn't just slam the door on Syrian refugees. He demonized them, criminalized them, dehumanized them — and then urged other countries to shut them out, too.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mr6666 said:

How 'Russiagate' Produced the Missile Attack on Syria

 

 

"............On Saturday morning, the top headline on the New York Times website was “U.S. Attacks Syria in Retaliatory Strike,” while the subhead declared that “Western resolve” was at work. The story led off by reporting that Trump “sought to punish President Bashar al-Assad for a suspected chemical attack near Damascus last weekend that killed more than 40 people.”

Try putting the shoe on the other foot for a moment. Imagine that Russia, with a similar rationale, fired missiles at U.S. ally Saudi Arabia because the Kremlin “sought to punish King Salman for his country’s war crimes in Yemen”—with such reportage appearing under a headline that described the Russian attack as a “retaliatory strike.”

The latest U.S. air attack on Russia’s close ally Syria was as much politically aimed at Moscow as at Damascus. And afterward, the televised adrenalin-pumped glee was as much an expression of pleasure about striking a blow at Putin as at Assad. After all, ever since Trump took office, the U.S. media and political elites have been exerting enormous pressures on him to polarize with Russia.

But let’s be clear: The pressures have not only been generated by corporate media and the political establishment. Across the United States, a wide range of people including self-described liberals and progressives—as individuals and organizations—have enthusiastically participated in the baiting, cajoling and denouncing of Trump as a Putin tool. That participation has stoked bellicose rhetoric by congressional Democrats, fueling the overall pressure on Trump to escalate tensions with Russia.....

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/how-russiagate-produced-the-missile-attack-on-syria/

:unsure:

 

The US isn't even supposed to be in Syria. US troops in Syria are a violation of international law. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, darkblue said:

You doubt that those empty garages that were destroyed have ended any future chance of chemical weapons being used by anyone in Syria? 

How could you? Don't you listen to the mainstream media?

I don't know anything about empty garages, but this is a pretty straightforward

news story. Anybody who thinks some missiles launched at some chemical production

sites put an end to Assad's chemical weapons has to be pretty naive. In general I

find the MSM to be more accurate than the YT conspiracy types, though the MSM is

far from perfect.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I don't know anything about empty garages, but this is a pretty straightforward

news story. Anybody who thinks some missiles launched at some chemical production

sites put an end to Assad's chemical weapons has to be pretty naive. In general I

find the MSM to be more accurate than the YT conspiracy types, though the MSM is

far from perfect.

 

it was made clear that if more action is needed it will be taken.

we're locked and loaded as nikki haley says.

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Trump didn't just slam the door on Syrian refugees. He demonized them, criminalized them, dehumanized them — and then urged other countries to shut them out, too.

she looks quite pale like a vegan.

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us