Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

insanity ablaze

21 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

just saw rhis on huffpost...

a prominent LGBTQ lawyer committed a "protest suicide" by setting himself on fire to protest climate change.

:lol:

You must be too young to remember the Vietnamese Buddhist monks who set themselves on fire during the Vietnam War to protest anti-Buddhist policies of the South Vietnamese government.

The site of the burning monks was common in the early sixties in American Media - - newspapers, magazines and on television.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nuts! it's just nuts!...

and **** is that california based org that would legalize molestation of young boys.

absolutely sick!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Likely no worse than your average July Fourth cookout. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

just saw this on huffpost...

a prominent LGBTQ lawyer committed a "protest suicide" by setting himself on fire to protest climate change.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/david-buckel-protest-suicide-brooklyn-park_us_5ad2858fe4b077c89ce9335b

polluter!...

the fumes from his own self-cremation will pollute the atmosphere.

:lol:

 

So he feared global warming will stop people from being gay, asexual, etc.? :wacko:

Sad, nothing he can do about it there :P

Upload-5.jpg

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hamradio said:

 

So he feared global warming will stop people from being gay, asexual, etc.? :wacko:

Sad, nothing he can do about it there :P

Upload-5.jpg

 

You're obviously didn't read the story. He was an activist lawyer in human rights for people who had been discriminated against because of their sexual orientation. He also worked with cases where people had been lynched because of their sexual orientation.

There's really nothing very funny about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

You're obviously didn't read the story. He was an activist lawyer in human rights for people who had been discriminated against because of their sexual orientation. He also worked with cases where people had been lynched because of their sexual orientation.

There's really nothing very funny about that.

Sooooo, what does this have to do with global warming??:blink::wacko:

Must be a bad reaction to hormone imbalanced ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is this the final extreme of an irate hyper-irrational progressivism?

they mourn his death???

he torched himself!

are they crazy?

trump has been potus for a year and a half.

why did he wait so long for?

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

just saw this on huffpost...

a prominent LGBTQ lawyer committed a "protest suicide" by setting himself on fire to protest climate change.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/david-buckel-protest-suicide-brooklyn-park_us_5ad2858fe4b077c89ce9335b

polluter!...

the fumes from his own self-cremation will pollute the atmosphere.

:lol:

This is a sad thing to see - a person taking their own life thinking it will make a difference in their cause.

Perhaps there was another more personal reason to lead him to such an act of dispair.

It's also sad to see people ridicule such a tragedy.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, calvinnme said:

This is a sad thing to see - a person taking their own life thinking it will make a difference in their cause.

Perhaps there was another more personal reason to lead him to such an act of dispair.

It's also sad to see people ridicule such a tragedy.

He did this to himself or someone put a gun to his head?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hamradio said:

He did this to himself or someone put a gun to his head?

 

Something can be a tragedy even if they did it to themselves. I do sincerely hope that you get that.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, calvinnme said:

Something can be a tragedy even if they did it to themselves. I do sincerely hope that you get that.

It's a tragedy he didn't got psychological help in there are better LESS destructive ways to protest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hamradio said:

Sooooo, what does this have to do with global warming??:blink::wacko:

Must be a bad reaction to hormone imbalanced ;)

I must not have your sense of humor because I don't think suicide is funny.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hamradio said:

It's a tragedy he didn't got psychological help in there are better LESS destructive ways to protest.

I don't feel like being critical of a person who has just taken his own life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, calvinnme said:

Something can be a tragedy even if they did it to themselves. I do sincerely hope that you get that.

Unfortunately there are those who lack true human compassion for others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have learned and I'm not really surprised.  Still, it just blows my mind how cruel and insensitive some people can be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We seem to live in an increasingly mean spirited time. A person takes his life in the name of a cause, and it becomes a source of derision and humour to some who can't understand his behaviour, simply dismissing it as "nuts."

It may have been a misguided act but I don't understand the "humour" to be found in it by some. To actually laugh at the idea of someone setting himself on fire, and suffering an agonizing death, requires a special kind of callousness.

I have found, however, that in this era of Trump as President it is increasingly difficult to be surprised by anything, no matter how outrageous or base it may be.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us