Sign in to follow this  
Poinciana

Madonna

43 posts in this topic

WELL are you ready for this? Or maybe you already know about it. Whatever, the big M wants to remake Casablanca with herself as Ilsa Lund. And film it in Iraq.

This is reported in the Melbourne, AU Herald Sun today. I can only hope that it's an early April Fool's Day joke....

Hey All,

i heard this news just to today myself about Madonna...i heard nothing about shooting it in Iraq..thats false im sure...lol..i dought Madonna or ANYONE would want to go to Iraq to shoot a movie now..lol..anyway in behalf of Madonna i remember when Evita was talked about and NOONE thought she could do it and in my opinion she nailed it...ok true she is no Ingrid Bergman as a matter a fact WHO is..lol..who could be..all im saying is wait to hear all the facts first and then see..as for Casablanca..i personally think it CANT be done ...it is a VERY hard remake to live up to...and i think EVERy 1 should leave it alone..buuuuuut if she does decide to do it...who knows she may be alright she certainly nailed Eva Peron....but lets give her a break maybe shes doing it as a musical..which is very possible...

thanks all

AvaG

Okay, seriously I don't think it is a good idea! Anyone who even thinks about redoing "Casablanca" (and more importantly) Ingrid Bergman should think twice........then commit suicide!!!!!

Okay MAYBE not that harsh, but pretty close to it :) . I am just saying nobody messes with my Ingrid!!!!!!

Hey, they can do wonders with make up. She'll be great ! ;)

I liked her in Dick Tracy ... anybody like her in Dick Tracy ... anybody? ... hullo ...

>I liked her in Dick Tracy

That was 18 years ago.

Ingred Bergman was 27 years old when she made Casablanca.

Madonna is a waste of space.......no way could she ever be taken seriously as an actress!!

IMO, Madonnas biggest talent is "promotion". "DICK TRACEY"? I think it was a well-made movie, nothing I'd call great.

As far as anyone remaking "CASABLANCA" is concerned, thats "risky business". The film was conceived as a standard issue Warners "A" project. It just so happened to strike all the right notes. It'd be like , not only asking lightening to strike the same spot twice, but to strike that very spot with equal intensity, no more, no less!

She IS ambitious enough, I'll say that.

Madonna's rep has denied that her client is involved with a potential remaking of Casablanca.

Fred..

Dick tracy was 18 years ago? I dont even think think Evita was 18 years ago? ..But u are right Ingrid was 27 then big age deiffrence..but u have to admit for 50..she looks pretty damn good..lol..

Anyway as i said before i dont think ANYONE should do Casablanca over and certainly in my opinion there are NO young actresses today that could play her we..maybe Scarlett Johanson..but so few..

Umm as far as Dick Tracy anyone could have done that part..i mean she was good but EVITA..NOT every1 could have done that..THAT was Madonnas greatest movie endeavor by far...SHE KILLED it in that movie..the scene on her death bad..omg..pretty damn good..the whole movie was great!

anyhoot..

ty yall

AvaG ;-)

Message was edited by: AvaG92260

Dick Tracy was released in 1990. This is 2008.

Evita was released in 1996, which was 12 years ago.

The woman who calls herself ?Madonna? is 50 years old.

ok ok ..Fred...lol

the woman who calls herself..that is her name...her birth name is Madonna Lourdiss Ciccone..;-)

anyhoot 12..years ago was Evita...hmmmmmm..seems like a life time ago...

Yes i know Madonna is 50...may we ALL look like that when were 50...lol..well us women anyway..lol..

anway i still think she was GREAT in Evita!

ty for the info Fred

;-)

AvaG

>her birth name is Madonna Lourdiss Ciccone..;-)

She should have been one of the mafia dames in the Godfather series.

Hey, I know ... why don't they make rick 50 years old too ... then we can have a sort of second generation Casablanca ... let's see who could play the part ... hmm ... how about Burt Reynolds? ... yeah ... so how about that for an idea :D

okay, okay,

:(

< her birth name is Madonna Lourdiss Ciccone..;-)

She should have been one of the mafia dames in the Godfather series.>

I thought I saw her in Mafioso Sunday night.

LOL@Fred...

heehee...okok..i really dont know where your going with this Fred? lol...but Madonna and Michael Jackson..i give Madonna a little more credit the michael J..no dought...but as i said before how about NOBODY as either one of them...maybe i should do a seperate thread for Madonna...lol

away from Casablanca..all i was saying is that Madonna is a very talented woman geeez u cant deny that....She is..Evita was stunning..its not Casablanca...thats all...and noone should try to remake it..DONE..lol...but i guess as far as Madonna im a bit more of a fan of hers then u..lol....she pulled off Evita thats all im saying..and noone thought she could it...

i dought she will do Casablanca anyway..but Madonna is NO dummy im sure she has something uo her sleeve..very smart business woman..

AvaG

Message was edited by: AvaG92260

>She is..Evita was stunning..

I didn't see that movie, so I've got no comments about it. I was just specifically commenting about a re-make of Casablanca, with this particular person playing Ilsa. I think she is a little too old to play Ilsa.

Why not just re-release the real Casablanca to the theaters? If the kids want color today, surely some computer lab in Hollywood could colorize the print. They could crop it for wide screen like they cropped Gone With The Wind back in the 1970s.