hlywdkjk

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

12,959 posts in this topic

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> It may be torture to some but it's honey to me. :x

>

> I think a deal can be arranged.

Well, the stakes are high---I laid blonde,brunette and red face cards on the table. What have you got to offer?

Well, the stakes are high---I laid blonde,brunette and red face cards on the table. What have you got to offer?

I do like how you play. Why don't you just take that "honey" that Coopsy's Clarita just blinded my eyes with. I'm sure that's plenty, right?

Frankie,

I see that Kyle is torturing you again this year. I know I should feel bad but I responded last evening to your inquiry in the Western forum in our Searchers thread and have waited patiently all day for you to respond in kind.

I am heartbroken and thinking of going to see a couple of these noir films so that I can tell you all about them.

Or I'd be willing to back off on the torture if you will spend some time in the Searchers thread.

Deal? :)

Yes, I learned not to be so complaisant next time. The real torture will come with tunes from musicals, knowing how much you really love them. lol There will be howls of pain with every beat of the "happy" songs. Maybe small doses of electric shock at your feet will make you learn a few steps while at it.

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> Very greedy. I bet I go through a bottle of honey a week! And that's just to sweeten my tea!

>

> Floozy! :P

I'll take that as a compliment---since it puts me in such good company.

DESTRY_RIDES_AGAIN-6.jpg

JohnWayneClaireTrevorStagecoach2.jpg?t=1207145341

mogambo22.jpg

Message was edited by: MissGoddess

you tell him april! heehee!

love the pics! my goodness, i love the claire trevor and duke pic! so romantic!

somehow i could just picture mr. frankie with her....maybe thats not so hard.

94-marlene-dietrich.JPEG

m197100460239.jpg

....on the other hand maureen could stand a chance...

maureen-ohara3.jpg

156_bio_homepage_main.jpg

maureenoharatribute.jpg

Beautiful pics of Maureen! I just love it when you can find color pictures of red-headed actresses---in my opinion black-and-white photography doesn't do them enough justice.

Howdy, Lynn, dear! --I see that Kyle is torturing you again this year. I know

I should feel bad but I responded last evening to your inquiry in the Western forum

in our Searchers thread and have waited patiently all day for you to respond in kind.

I did see what you wrote and I will reply to you. The thread took off on me yesterday

and I didn't want to interrupt it. I loved that Jackie woke up in the middle of the night

thinking about The Searchers. She's quite a lass. She also made some

interesting observations. I have found Missy G's book anecdotes to be fascinating.

She's very good at relaying information from books among many, many other things.

And I have finished watching the film again, so now I can post a little more.

So I guess what I'm trying to tell you is that I'm very aware of what you wrote, I have

not forgotten about you, and I shall return.

Hiya, Girl with the Gorgeous Name ( :P ) -- You're not going to "strangle" me, are

ya? :D

Yes, I learned not to be so complaisant next time. The real torture will come with

tunes from musicals, knowing how much you really love them. lol There will be howls

of pain with every beat of the "happy" songs. Maybe small doses of electric shock at

your feet will make you learn a few steps while at it.

You learn both slow and fast. Keep me away from ButtersourCELINE. Blech! She's

been trying to neuter me for months now with Greer Garson. I haven't done one thing

to her, either. I'm only guilty of telling her how lovely she is.

Hola, ButtersourCELINE -- now what did we talk about when calling sweet

innocent april a floozy? heehee!

Whoever this sweet innocent April is, I sure as heck don't know her. You constantly

bring this imaginary girl's name up, too. Have you bumped your head again, Mrs.

Smithy? I'm thinking another stay at the institute would serve you well.

i love the claire trevor and duke pic! so romantic! somehow i could just picture

mr. frankie with her....maybe thats not so hard.

I like Dallas! She's a lovely, misunderstood dame. She would be easy to get along

with.

I LOVED the Gloria Grahame pic! She looks so very sweet and innocent in that

photo. Kind of like your imaginary friend. :P I really liked the left-hand pic of

Marlene. She's super-soft in that photo. And the photo of Maureen in the sequined

dress is one of my favorites of her. Thanks for posting those!

Bonjour, Miss Goddess -- I'll take that as a compliment---since it puts me in

such good company.

You take everything as a compliment, right, Snippy Squaw? :P :p

I like the company you keep. ;)

Beautiful pics of Maureen! I just love it when you can find color pictures of red-headed actresses---in my opinion black-and-white photography doesn't do them enough justice.

oh yes i agree. everytime i try to find pics of any red-head i always look for color ones first. they justify that bright red hair more so than with plain black and white! especially dealing with the flaming red-heads like greer, maureen and lucy and all the other techini-color beauties out there.

Hola, ButtersourCELINE -- now what did we talk about when calling sweet

innocent april a floozy? heehee!

oh now im sour celine. i hate to burst your bubble frankie, but celine isnt sour.

Whoever this sweet innocent April is, I sure as heck don't know her. You constantly

bring this imaginary girl's name up, too. Have you bumped your head again, Mrs.

Smithy? I'm thinking another stay at the institute would serve you well.

you may know her by miss finishing school. personally i wouldnt call her that, but you may recognize it as we go. heehee!

i love the claire trevor and duke pic! so romantic! somehow i could just picture

mr. frankie with her....maybe thats not so hard.

I like Dallas! She's a lovely, misunderstood dame. She would be easy to get along

with.

i meant to say that i could picture you with marlene dietrich over there, but forgot to state her name. heehee!

I LOVED the Gloria Grahame pic! She looks so very sweet and innocent in that

photo. Kind of like your imaginary friend. I really liked the left-hand pic of

Marlene. She's super-soft in that photo. And the photo of Maureen in the sequined

dress is one of my favorites of her. Thanks for posting those!

i thought you might like that gloria grahame pic. heehee! your welcome frankie meanie/sweetie!

oh now im sour celine. i hate to burst your bubble frankie, but celine isnt sour.

Who said Celine was sour? :D She's trashy, though.

you may know her by miss finishing school. personally i wouldnt call her that, but you may recognize it as we go. heehee!

Miss Finishing School Girl cannot be the same girl you call "sweet and innocent." No way, no how. I'm calling the mental institution right now. You sit tight.

i meant to say that i could picture you with marlene dietrich over there, but forgot to state her name. heehee!

Ohhh, Marlene. Amy Jolly is mighty fine. I can picture me with her. :)

i thought you might like that gloria grahame pic. heehee! your welcome frankie meanie/sweetie!

Any photo of Gloria Grahame is welcome by me, but the one you posted is one of the sweetest I have seen of her.

Who said Celine was sour? She's trashy, though.

you just did!....or was it....(GASPS) you were describing me?!!!!!

im speechless, i dunno what to say you sod-buster! heehee!

Miss Finishing School Girl cannot be the same girl you call "sweet and innocent." No way, no how. I'm calling the mental institution right now. You sit tight.

that one takes the cake! ill secretly sneek out while you call the mental institution. heehee!

Ohhh, Marlene. Amy Jolly is mighty fine. I can picture me with her.

i actually didnt mind her as Amy Jolly, but she isnt my favorite character. she is an "indecorous" woman! ;)

Any photo of Gloria Grahame is welcome by me, but the one you posted is one of the sweetest I have seen of her.

well ill post another one, i found another "sweet and innocent one" if you would like it.

Who said Celine was sour? She's trashy, though.

you just did!....or was it....(GASPS) you were describing me?!!!!!

Don't worry, you are nowhere near as sour as your duet partner. They don't make 'em any more sour than that.

that one takes the cake! ill secretly sneek out while you call the mental institution. heehee!

Do you think a friendly guy will see you wandering the streets and take you in and care for you? I'm guessing not. The second you mention your imaginary friend, they'll send you to the institution, where you belong.

i actually didnt mind her as Amy Jolly, but she isnt my favorite character. she is an "indecorous" woman!

But indecorous women are merely women wanting to be loved.

well ill post another one, i found another "sweet and innocent one" if you would like it.

I'd like it! I'd like it!

Don't worry, you are nowhere near as sour as your duet partner. They don't make 'em any more sour than that

april isnt a sourpuss! april is a sweet blueberry! now say youre sorry!

Do you think a friendly guy will see you wandering the streets and take you in and care for you? I'm guessing not. The second you mention your imaginary friend, they'll send you to the institution, where you belong.

in ENCHANTED patrick dempsey didnt put princess Giselle into an institution when he picked her up off the streets. poor baby was wandering around new york looking for her prince and couldnt find him!! patrick dempsey thought the prince was her imaginary friend! actually he wanted to put her into one, but he fell in love with her too quickly. so do you honestly think smithy would send me to one?

that narrows it down to about 99% of the women in thie planet, silly goose. heehee!

I'd like it! I'd like it!

i could find more, im surely!

51871916.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=36EEE5AB1B51187D291C6F6B72DBCEDE284831B75F48EF45

2642_1023656784.jpg

april isnt a sourpuss! april is a sweet blueberry! now say youre sorry!

A very sour blueberry. :P

in ENCHANTED patrick dempsey didnt put princess Giselle into an institution when he picked her up off the streets. poor baby was wandering around new york looking for her prince and couldnt find him!! patrick dempsey thought the prince was her imaginary friend! actually he wanted to put her into one, but he fell in love with her too quickly. so do you honestly think smithy would send me to one?

Patrick Dempsey made a big mistake. He should have put her away immediately. I think Smithy would also put you away if you mentioned your sweet blueberry.

that narrows it down to about 99% of the women in thie planet, silly goose. heehee!

That's my point. Indecorous women are still women.

i could find more, im surely!

I hope you do! I could only see the one photo and you are right, she's really sweet and innocent looking in that pic. Thank you, Super Sweet T!

"oh yes i agree. everytime i try to find pics of any red-head i always look for color ones first. they justify that bright red hair more so than with plain black and white! especially dealing with the flaming red-heads like greer, maureen and lucy and all the other techini-color beauties out there."

Let's not leave out Susan Hayward and Rita Hayworth.

Well well, Frank...it must do your heart good to see how much you're admired here on the Message Board. WoW!!