hlywdkjk

The Annual FrankGrimes Torture Thread

12,959 posts in this topic

Scott, my friend. It is good to see you and anything you post. Nice to see friends talking about movies. I hope you are well.

Haven't seen too many on your list. And the few I have I think I saw during the Reagan administration. "It Happens Every Spring" I remember being fun and very un Ray Milland like. "Angels In The Outfield" is even more fun. I really like Paul Douglas. I saw "Airport" back when in the 70's. It was a big deal. You are right about Martin. He can surprise you with his work in dramas. Good cast.

Keep it up. It gives me a reason to check in.

I thought I'd just post what I've watched lately, here.

WOO Grey Dude.. even MORE movies than the ones we've already been chatting up over yonder in Rambles. You have been busy, busy, BUSY!!

You have almost completely missed me in the ones on this list. I can only just comment on a very few. 

Ski Party (1965) -- I quite enjoyed this surreal mix of Some Like It Hot with Dobie Gillis plus James Brown and the Famous Flames. Loved Annette Funicello's "cameo".  Plus there's Batgirl!

I can't say I have watched this.. but I MIGHT have.. ha. Is this one made with the same old beach movie formula.. only with snow??  (Oh.. if so, let's hope they are better dressed then. TOO cold to be running around in bikinis) I saw a bazillion of these when I was a kid. (pretty much the same story over and over... just different actors./. well different actors, all except for the beach kids.. or snow kids.. whatever the case may be. ha) Can't say they would be at the top of my list (but I do confess probably liking them way back when) 

Airport (1970) -- I've been wanting to watch this "franchise" of films for a little while.  It's certainly difficult not to think of Airplane! while watching this, but I was able to enjoy it despite that.  Van Heflin?!  Who knew?!  Jean Seberg is lovely, I must say.  Dean Martin turns in the best performance, to me.  He's really becoming a favorite of mine.  And Helen Hayes pretty much steals the picture

Not too big a fan overall.. I like the AirPLANE movies better. ha. (Don't call me Shirley) I saw this one years and years (and YEARS) ago.. but not before I saw Airport 75. THAT is the one I saw first. In fact, it was the first movie I ever remember seeing that was rated PG. (if I recall correctly) Woo.. I thought I was SO grown up. ha. :D  

(oh.. and PS: I am not too big a fan for Dean.. but he can do a very good job acting now and then, depending on the movie. My favorite for him is likely Rio Bravo, I think. Oh.. and yes, I agree, based on what I remember about Airport.. Helen Hayes DID steal the show.. she was quite spunky, as I remember)

Yentl (1983) -- Much better than I anticipated. 

Well.. as BAD as I hate to admit it.. I did enjoy this film (overall) It has been a VERY long time since I saw it (probably over 25 years) and I am no sort of Babs fan at all. But as I recall,  I did like the story (like you... better than expected) and I thought the best parts were with Amy Irving. I really like how her part of the story began to play out, eventually. 

I only have 45 more films to list.  Sigh.  But I'll start with these

OH for pizza sake.. ha. There is NO way I could even imagine keeping up with that many films all at once. So many movies, so little time!! You are a movie watching maniac. ha. (but I mean that in a good way) :) 

Hey there, Grey Dude. 

Hope you and all the Eastern folks are doing ok out there in the snow!! Woo.. sounds like some areas out your way are really getting pounded. Bundle up, batten down the hatches, dig in, hunker down. You know... Stuff like that. :D  

Meanwhile, let me know if you run out of supplies. I can have some Sawdust and SaurKraut shipped in for you right away!! :P   

All kidding aside.  DO take good care, you and everyone else out there!! Stay safe, everybody!!! 

Yesterday was not a fun day. Lots of snow removal. We ended up getting about 19 inches. It's the second highest snow total for Harrisburg in the month of March.

OH for pizza sake!!! That is a boatload of snow and then some!!! Take good care and I promise not to whine about any weather related inconveniences for a solid MONTH after reading that. My goodness me. I remember last time you guys got pounded you tried to shovel it away all at once. Take  your time and pace yourself. Don't over do it.  Meanwhile I hope you are all stocked up on the essentials.. and are set up with a warm pot of your corn chowder soup or something to hold you over... I know.. I know I SHOULD be joking about you needing more saur kraut or something.. but oh me. That is too much snow to joke around about!! Take good care out there, sir. 

HAPPY Birthday, Mr. Grey!!  A salisbury steak cake has been baked in your honor....  But I ate it.  :P

(OK, not really. Actually, photobucket won't let me post it for some reason.. .. ha. So for NOW , I guess you'll just have to make do with your left over sawdust and saurkraut!! ha!!)   :D

Hope you have a great birthday, sir. :)

PS.. this is like the gazillionth time I have edited this post.. I  even had a great picture and everything.. and then I tried to post it as usual.. and everything went wrong. (technophobia can be such a debilitating condition sometimes) :D 

Now have salisbury steak on the brain...  I may need to go cook something... with gravy.    :D

https://www.cscassets.com/recipes/large_cknew/large_25529.jpg

Well hurry up and get back on that horse, already. (so we can think up some cleverly devised plans to knock you off again)  :P

KIDDING!!! just kidding. :)

Very happy to see your name on this board again,  sir. :)