RRR

30's/40's Movie Title Request

5 posts in this topic

Looking to find movie title from the late 1930's or 1940's - basic plot: daughter of a wealthy new york city couple who are divorcing is sent to the country with a secretary from the divorce lawyer's office to avoid news reporters - the secretary meets a man from the train who kisses her goodbye on the platform, follows her to the hotel/resort in the country, befriends the daughter and pretends to be her (the secretary's) husband. There is also a "jingle" about the "clickity-clack" noise that the train makes as it rolls down the tracks that features fairly prominently in the movie.  I can't remember any of the actors names.  Thanks

"Obliging Young Lady"

Heinie Manush was the clacking noise.

He was a HOF baseball player. Good movie!

35 minutes ago, dlk44 said:

"Obliging Young Lady"

Heinie Manush was the clacking noise.

He was a HOF baseball player. Good movie!

Below is from Wiki:   I had to look this up since I knew who Manush was but didn't understand the connection with 'clacking noise'! 

The 1942 motion picture Obliging Young Lady opens with a comedic sequence in which Edmond O'Brien keeps repeating "Heinie Manush, Heinie Manush" in cadence with the sound of the train on which he is riding. At one point, a porter interrupts, "Who is Heinie Manush?", and O'Brien replies, "The great baseball player." In the dining car, O'Brien continues even as he orders, "Filet mignon that's for me, filet mignon that's for me, Heinie Manush, Heinie Manush, Heinie Manush, Heinie Manush, filet mignon, medium rare, Heinie Manush, Heinie Manush." The repetitive, onomatopoeic nature of the phrase fit the sound of the train so well that other riders began to pick it up, driving the conductor to distraction.[63][64

• Thanks 1