spence

Please help, cannot delete messages from personal TCM inbox???

9 posts in this topic

This seems like it would be simplisticv, but it hasn't been & has been goping on at least 3-4 months now as well

Just need help in how to DELETE my previous personal home page messages sent & or received by my fellow TCM-ITES-(TopBilled, Jakeem & more)  At this pt I simply cannot contact a sole?

Heck, I'm fine writing & doing most items on the net, but when it comes to technical stuff, I have problems

Still & this has been going on for years now & even have SAVED THE AVATAR I WANT TO INCLUDE WITH MY HANDLE & ALL, BUT STILL EITHER DON';T HAVE THE TIME TO ACCOMPLISH SUBMITTING THE PHOTO, OR SMETHING ELSE COMES UP INSTEAD & THEN, WHEN I TRY, IUT JUST SEEMS TO TEDIOUS?

PLEASE SEND ANY SUGGESTIONS & I THANK YOU

I just posted this to you in another thread--

If there are not restrictions on your account, you should be able to go directly to your inbox and click the small box alongside each message to delete them. Sort of like how you delete regular emails.

• Like 1

THAN EVER SO MUCH AGAIN< YOU REALLY ARE TRYING TO ASSIST BUDDY!   I have literally done everything you suggested, but for some ridiculous reasn I canbnot locate exactly where (INBOX OIS ON MY PROFILE) & then (DELETE WITH A GARBAGE CAN POPPING UP?)  But, I'll keep at it & again, my thanx

Gotta' take a break now though-(SAVING EVERYTHING AS YOU JUST SENT IT) been online over 8hrs straight

You are probably the finest on TCM

11 minutes ago, spence said:

THAN EVER SO MUCH AGAIN< YOU REALLY ARE TRYING TO ASSIST BUDDY!   I have literally done everything you suggested, but for some ridiculous reasn I canbnot locate exactly where (INBOX OIS ON MY PROFILE) & then (DELETE WITH A GARBAGE CAN POPPING UP?)  But, I'll keep at it & again, my thanx

Gotta' take a break now though-(SAVING EVERYTHING AS YOU JUST SENT IT) been online over 8hrs straight

You are probably the finest on TCM

Keep trying Spence. Are you using your phone or a laptop? On my laptop, a trash can pops up when I attempt to delete an old conversation in my inbox. I'm not sure how it works for people trying to delete things with their phone. Maybe someone else knows more about it than I do.

Here's what it looks like on my Mac laptop when I go to my inbox:

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 2.45.53 PM.png

Notice the empty boxes to the left of the old conversations. A check mark appears when I click in the box:

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 2.44.10 PM.png

The check mark means I have marked it for deletion. Then in the lower part of the screen a trash can pops up:

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 2.44.18 PM.png

If you click on the trash can, it will delete anything you put a check mark next to. There is no other way to explain this. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Keep trying Spence. Are you using your phone or a laptop? On my laptop, a trash can pops up when I attempt to delete an old conversation in my inbox. I'm not sure how it works for people trying to delete things with their phone. Maybe someone else knows more about it than I do.

LAPTOP

1 minute ago, spence said:

LAPTOP

Okay. I just posted some screen shots in this thread, so scroll up and look at them. They explain how to delete things from your inbox using a laptop.

Thanks per usual TopBilled! Just really got pod BIG-TIME! & was already feeling like Cody Jarrett at the dyamic ending of WHITE HEAT!

It's these darn editors on here agai & the site did ot used to be like this

AFTER YOU WROITE A LENGTH E-MAIL, IT IS OFTEN JUST SENT INTO CYBERSPACE & IVE COMPLAINED VIURTUALLY EVERYTIME-(these was about the 8th to date pal)

Usually the re-instate said post,but notthios time

ON ANOTHER TOPIUC & IT IS ALSO FRUASTRATING!!!  Still very want to post an AVATAR of *TRACY, but whenever they suggest how, it mixes me up???  AY SUGGESTIONS  & 

EVEN MORE IMPORTANT, I HAD 2 READY IN FSAVS FOR Y AVATAR, BUT WHERE EXACTLY CAN YOU FIUND THE MOST ON STARS OF HOLLYWOODS GOLDEN AGE-(l925-1963)??

please help

Sorry & please excuse sloppy writng in agony-pain, ultra upset & nervous & more