Sign in to follow this  
AvaG92260

Spending My Saturday with Ms Davis!

15 posts in this topic

Hey All,

i wanted to thank TCM for making my saturday wonderful showing a great day of the incomprable Ms.Bette Davis...movie after movie i have enjowed watching Ms.Davis...exspecially The Letter, Now Voyager and last but not least All About Eve!!! As well as i am looking foward to watching the biography on her hosted by Susan Sarandon! Woooooo....lol....thats one heck of a saturday!!!

Thanks again TCM!

hope every1 is enjoying it as much as i..

TY

AvaG!! :-)

AvaG,

I've got DVD's and tapes stuck in everything but the toaster....trying to be sure and get it all. I too appreciate TCM honoring Davis this way. Just wish they would spread it over a couple of days.

I'm a unskilled "recording artist"....so this is hectic.

What a great time for the vcr to be down. :(((

I know how futile it is to use a term like "best," but imo Bette Davis was the greatest actress Hollywood ever saw. (So okay, I need to see more Garbo).

Thanks to TCM for giving us such a wonderful day of movies.

uh oooh.....I think I'm falling in love.

Wish I was Paul Henreid (without the wife).

Yes, this has been a great day.

The Letter is one of the best movies ever made. I never get tired of seeing it.

This has been an incredible Bette Davis day on TCM!!

Am watching "Now, Voyager"....I just love watching Bette. It doesn't matter how many times you watch the films....I just never tire of them! But it's been a while since I watched them so I'm in heaven! My husband and sons are out and about....it's lovely and quiet!

The special hosted by Susan Sarandon soon follows.....then I'm really looking forward to "All About Eve".

Enjoy!

OMG, was there an episode of Laugh-In with Bette Davis doing, "Sock it to me"?

I'd rather hear her than Nixon anyday.

If anyone watching the documentary caught a screenshot of a young Bette Davis in that headband, and posts it, you'll have my eternal gratitude.

Though I would have loved to see more of her pre-code films, I gotta give TCM lots of props for doing 24 hours of Bette on a Saturday, which they are usually reluctant to switch up for stuff like this. Way to go, TCM!

lol@DTs...

hey at least u are tryin..what a great day to record..i hope they come out for ya..i must add to my collection...the only one i wish they had played and they didnt is Mr.Skeffington! Loooooove that movie...

ty

AvaG

Baker...

i totally agree..no matter how many times u watch them u NEVER get bored..she always gives u that same feeling...amazing...by now the documentary is over ...i am curious your opinion on it?I thought it was wonderful...VERY well done!!!! I thought the part when it was mothers day and she went to her mothers grave and put flowers down on her grave and wished her a happy mothers day...very moving! I alos found her to be very vulnerable as a woman...just very touching..she melted away alot of that ruff tuff facade that ppl THOUGHT she was in her real life as well when she had her interviews u saw HER...

Very well done

ty for your comments

AvaG

Hey I just went to cast my vote in todays poll for *Now Voyager* and it was messed up, you could only vote for the other three. The fix is in I tell ya!!!

So what did you guys think of *Cabin in the Cotton* and *The Petrified Forest?*

I always liked *The Petrified Forest* I could feel what it was like to be in that desert. I find Davis very touching in that film.

I think *Cabin in the Cotton* gives a glimpse of the Bette to come That film and *So Big.*