hayleyperrin

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

23,093 posts in this topic

I don't know if I am supposed to do last name or first.

I guess I'll will do first names.

Bette Davis -- Jezebel, All About Eve, Whatever Happened To Baby Jane, Mr. Skeffington.

'

chaplin, charlie, 'the tramp'....the great dictator, various silent films

by the way- are these going by first or last name? or are we just going all over the place?

GeneKG, we are kindred spirits, at least as far as Bette is concerned. You have named my favorites (with the possible exception of Baby Jane, though I like that one too)

Heston, Charlton....*Will Penny* (seemed his most personal performance)

(thought we had this subject before in this forum, but couldn't find it. Seem to remember always had problems with X and Z)

Kelly, Gene ;)

Yayy!!! I bet y'all weren't expecting that were ya? Haha.

Well, I will name 2. My fave musical is Singin' In the Rain. And fave non-musical is The Three Musketeers. But I also really enjoyed Inherit the Wind. A very different role for him, but he played it well.

Message was edited by: GeneKGirl

L - Jack Lemmon - So, so versatile!! - It is hard to name my favorites - ok, I'll try. :)

The Apartment, Some Like It Hot, Days of Wine & Roses, Prisoner of Second Avenue,

The Odd Couple, Mister Roberts, and The Great Race

> {quote:title=rainingviolets21 wrote:}{quote}

> Monroe, Marilyn - blonde bombshell that rocketed to stardom in 1952, only to commit suicide

> 10 years later... Best films GENTLEMEN PRFER BLONDES - HOW TO MARRY A MILLIONAIRE

> THE MISFITS...

..........She didn't commit suicide.....She was MURDERED.....by the Kennedys! (jk)

N......Novak, Kim.....Great in "Vertigo" (didn't like Jimmy though!)

N......Norma Shearer......Fav "The Women"

I refuse to conform to the "last names" thing!!!!! LOL!

O'Brien, Margaret ~ child actress, considered a genius by some, stole the movie Meet Me In St' Louis with her stunning performance as Tootie, showing her morbid side by being fascinated

by death ie; killing her dolls and giving them a proper buriel, her film credits include the child in

Jane Eyre, (complete with french accent) and the creepy child in Unfinished Dance opening the trap door to allow a dancer to fall and injure herself ..she also played Amy in Little Women,

her finest performance which gave her a superb death scene...

P - Gregory Peck

"To Kill A Mockingbird", "Spellbound", "Gentlemen's Agreement", "Designing Woman",

"Cape Fear", & "Man in the Gray Flannel Suit".

> {quote:title=Bargar wrote:}{quote}

> P - Gregory Peck

YEAH FOR MR. PECK!

O.....O'Hara, Maureen. Great Actress who always gave amazing performances.

O.....Olivier, Laurence. AMAZING actor who is one of the greatest. And also probably THE greatest Shakespearean actor ever!

Quinn, Anthony - superb actor who excelled in every aspect of the great variety of roles given him

watch him as the heavy in City for Conquest, then later in Zorba the Greek or as Paul Gaugan

in Lust for Life what impresses most is his longivity and his versitility...and underscored in all his performances was a verile manliness that gave his acting extra punch...

R - GINGER ROGERS

As she said, she did everything Fred Astaire did, only in high heels & backwards. Loved those

movies.

Also, her non-dancing roles such as "Kitty Foyle", "Bachelor Mother", "Stage Door"

(a little dancing), "Tender Comrade", "Magnificent Doll", "Once Upon A Honeymoon"

Smith, Alexis ---Warner star from the forties, seen with Errol Flynn in many westerns and

with Cary Grant in Night and Day..went to Broadway in the seventies and burned up the stage in

Follies..tall and elegant, she earned her way as a screen icon and beauty, although she is often overlooked when the lists of BESTS are written...

TIE BETWEEN......

T...............Taylor, Elizabeth. Truly, a MOVIE STAR. Who was also a great actress.

AND

T...............Tireny, Gene. She had an unearthly Gorgeousness!!! A superb actress who brought life and believability to every role!