hayleyperrin

*A to Z of actresses and actors*:)

23,133 posts in this topic

Tierney, Gene - gorgeous exotic beauty, considered by many to be one of the three top

beauties of the 20th century- her talent shone in many films including LAURA, HEAVEN

CAN WAIT, THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR and her academy award nominated role in

LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN...her personal life was imeresed in tragedy, but she prevailed,

and her last days were peaceful and fullfilling...Ended her days as the wife of Texan - Howard Lee

who was once married to Hedy Lamarr..

"Vivian Vance" made a few films in the early 50's before hitting it big as Ethel Mertz, who is best remembered as Lucy's best friend and land lady on the "I Love Lucy" show.

*Wood, Natalie*

my personal favorite :D

Child star in various films- Tomorrow is Forever, Miracle on 34th Street, The Ghost & Mrs. Muir

A troubled teen in Rebel Without a Cause, 1955

Opposite John Wayne in The Searchers, 1956

Probably her biggest role in West Side Story as Maria, 1961

As Gypsy Rose Lee in Gypsy, 1962

An Academy Award nominated performance in Love With the Proper Stranger, 1963

And several tv movies in the 70's

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Isn't she gorgeous? (ca. 1969)

Young, Loretta -0ne of the most beautiful actresses of the 20th century, Known for her large grey eyes, and for the fact that she never seemed to age, won an Oscr for The Farmers Daughter..

(had a beautiful daughter named Judy, with actor Clark Gable)...

Zimbalist Jr.,Efrem

Mostly acted on television from the late 50's through the late 90's was also in a few good films like "House of Strangers" and "Wait Until Dark" But will always be remembered as Inspector Lewis Erskine on the TV show "The F.B.I.

Allan, Elizabeth...actress from the thirties, played Lucie Manette in THE TALE OF TWO CITIES.

Allen, Elizabeth...film and Broadway actress (Do I Hear A Waltz). Films include Donovan's Reef.

Barrymore, Lionel - superb actor from an acting dynasty, son of Maurice Barrymore and

Louisa Lane, brother of John and Ethyl, great uncle of Drew Barrymore, played heroes

(Dr.Gillispie) and villians (Mr. Potter from "It's a Wonderful Life")

*Eck,Johnny*: Born without any legs,was made famous in Todd Brownings film "Freaks" also made 3 Tarzan films playing a bird. Also climbed the stairs to the top of the Washington Monument, on his hands in 1938.

*Jordan,Richard*:Harvard-educated stage and screen actor appeared on television during the 1960s, the tall, handsome and talented Jordan did not make his motion picture debut until 1971, when he appeared in a supporting role in Michael Winner's horse opera Lawman (1971), with Burt Lancaster and Lee J.Cobb. Was only 55 years old when he died of a brain tumor.

Lamour, Dorothy - 1940's star who wore her hair long, and was usually cast as

exotic in films like Hurricane and the "road" pictures with Bing and Bob

Best performance was in film Johnny Apollo with Tyrone Power (discovered

by talent scout while running an elevator in Marshall Fields)

Monroe, Marilyn...Bit player in the fifties, retired to marry a country doctor and lived in peaceful obscurity, raising her six children until her death by natural causes at age eighty five. Was said to be a frequent visitor to the Kennedy White House for fund raising for charitable causes.

*Normand,Mabel* :Made over 200 silent films from 1910 to 1927, also a Writer,Director, Producer. Did it all in her short time,died at the age of 35 from tuberculosis.

O'Hara, Maureen - beautiful Irish actress who starred in many films with John Wayne

and made some good film at 20th in the forties including "Sentimental Journey"

considered by some to have the most soothing speaking voice in films...

*Patrick,Gail* The tall, slender actress is best know as Cornelia Bullock in 1936's My Man Godfrey, also in My Favorite Wife,Love Crazy and Tales of Manhattan. Made over 50 films in the 30's and 40's before switching to Producer for TV's Perry Mason show in the early 60's.

Quinn, Anthony...talented actor of Irish, Mexican ancestry. Once married to Catherine DeMille (daughter of CB DeMille). Nominated many times for acting awards, won Best Supporting Oscar for LUST FOR LIFE, in 1956 for portraying Paul Gauguin. Best known for his performance in ZORBA THE GREEK. My personal favorite : THE OX-BOW INCIDENT.

Stanwyck, Barbara--outstanding actress from the 30's, 40's, 50's, etc. Best know now for the westerns on tv. "Big Valley" A real "do everything" actress. Comedies, dramas, musicals---just about them all!

*Terry-Thomas*-English Comedian who made over 100 films from 1935 through the early 80's

best remember in films tom thumb, Make Mine Mink,School for Scoundrels an It's a Mad,Mad,Mad,Mad World. Trade Mark:Gap between top teeth and the catchphase,"Good Show".