Sign in to follow this  
Princess of Tap

Fascism in the Trump Administration & in The Republican Party

43 posts in this topic

Frum's observations are always noteworthy ...

12 hours ago, jakeem said:

What’s going on at the border is horrifying, but we can’t go numb and turn away: https://slate.trib.al/SXoDFiB 

DftUDidWAAE_swT.jpg

12 hours ago, jakeem said:

ICE arrests legal US resident who lived in the country for 50 years: http://hill.cm/wiV1crd 

DfthJVfW0AA0-lN.jpg

Hitler incarcerated German citizens who were Jews.

Rebecca BallhausVerified account @rebeccaballhaus

Trump on Kim Jong Un:

“He speaks and his people sit up in attention. I want my people to do the same.”

5:47 AM - 15 Jun 2018
---------------------------------------------------
Rogue WH Snr Advisor @RogueSNRadvisor 5h5 hours ago

The thing about Trump is, eventually he slips & tells you what he really means.

He wants to be a dictator. Always has.

<_<

2 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Rebecca BallhausVerified account @rebeccaballhaus

Trump on Kim Jong Un:

“He speaks and his people sit up in attention. I want my people to do the same.”

5:47 AM - 15 Jun 2018
---------------------------------------------------
Rogue WH Snr Advisor @RogueSNRadvisor 5h5 hours ago

The thing about Trump is, eventually he slips & tells you what he really means.

He wants to be a dictator. Always has.

<_<

Yeah, they either sit up and pay attention or they're toast! That's what DUMP wants in the U.S............WORSHIP ME!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jakeem said:

One reason to be increasingly alarmed: The extent to which Trump has become more confident and unabashed in expressing, and to some degree indulging, his authoritarian tendencies

This is Birkenau. Then Germany. Now Poland. NO ONE who now walks through that portal on that siding can casually believe that civilized behavior is guaranteed.

Df15tHgXcAA5Jhh.jpg

Bill Kristol Retweeted Bill Kristol

Another reason for alarm: It's increasingly clear Trump apologists will excuse almost anything. Former constitutionalists won't defend the rule of law, former foreign policy hawks won't call out moral equivalence or appeasement, former moralists won't criticize immorality.

The Holocaust was all about racism.

22 minutes ago, jakeem said:

"We are at the ICE Detention Center in Elizabeth, NJ. where ICE is denying us entry to meet with fathers separated from their families. They’re now covering the windows with paper so we can't see in. This is not America."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fathers-day-detention-trump_us_5b266bb1e4b0f9178a9df54b?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067&__twitter_impression=true

_MLGjcD-?format=jpg&name=600x314

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Van Jones Retweeted Bini Girma

People are running for their lives, fleeing the carnage in Central America. They will continue to flee. They should not run into a buzz saw at our border that destroys families and scars children. USA’s solution can’t be to try to become a worse, less humane place than Columbia!!

32 minutes ago, jakeem said:

This article does the best job I’ve read of explaining what exactly happens when the immigrant children are taken away from their kids. It’s horrifying. Read the whole thing. Parents are told their kids are going to get a bath — and then they never return. http://www.texasmonthly.com/news/whats-really-happening-asylum-seeking-families-separated/ 

I am shocked to say I know what this reminds me of.

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

The lies. The dictator adoration. The bigotry. The lawlessness. The indecency. The corruption. The forced separation of families and the caging of children. This is Trumpism and it is evil. It’s destructive to people, to the Republican Party and, most importantly, to our country.

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

Arieh Kovler Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Claiming illegal immigrants will "infest" America, language used about vermin, not humans, and claiming it's your political opponents' plan to make this happen. Hard not to hear the echoes of history now.

9 hours ago, jakeem said:

Chris Megerian Retweeted Donald J. Trump

“Infest,” “animals,” “changes their culture.” A parade of dehumanizing and nativist language.

Words exist in a certain context. Insects infest things, not people. Animals are kept in cages, not people. And yet Trump is using these words about people.

You can argue, like Trump does, that he’s only referring to criminals. But does that make them subhuman? And he’s using the threat of crime to target an entire class of people, not just people convicted or accused of heinous acts.

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

Bill Kristol Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Trump’s statement that immigrants will “infest our Country” probably sounds better in the original German.

All Human beings deserve to be treated as Human Beings.

Manu RajuVerified account @mkraju

Steve King explains his retweet of a message by a Nazi sympathizer. He told me it was unintentional because he didn't know who the person was.

But he's not sorry and won't delete the tweet, and supports the message in tweet railing on mass immigration

-------------------------------------------------

He discussed his immigration views. "I want to see the American civilization strengthened," King said.

"That means we are a Judeo-Christian country..." Immigrants need to embrace "Americanism" and "not create enclaves in America that are the antithesis of Americanism."

12 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Manu RajuVerified account @mkraju

Steve King explains his retweet of a message by a Nazi sympathizer. He told me it was unintentional because he didn't know who the person was.

But he's not sorry and won't delete the tweet, and supports the message in tweet railing on mass immigration

-------------------------------------------------

He discussed his immigration views. "I want to see the American civilization strengthened," King said.

"That means we are a Judeo-Christian country..." Immigrants need to embrace "Americanism" and "not create enclaves in America that are the antithesis of Americanism."

King is a liar since clearly he only favors European based white Christians.   The vast majority of illegal immigrants are Christian.       

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jakeem said:

More attacks on the First Amendment rights of Americans.....

• Sad 1

Jennifer Cohn @jennycohn1

America’s Taliban,

The Council for National Policy (to which belong Kellyanne, Bannon, the DeVos family, the Mercers, Pence, Ken Blackwell, and two men whose families funded the largest voting machine vendor in the U.S.) has set a deadline of 2020 for restoring “religion and economic freedom and Judeo-Christian values” under the Constitution.

1. “The Council for National Policy (CNP), is an umbrella organization and networking group for social [anti-abortion, anti-gay] conservative activists in the United States. … Nation magazine has called it a secretive organization that ‘networks wealthy right-wing donors together with top conservative operatives to plan long-term movement strategy.’” http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/council-for-national-policy/

3. The New York Times has called the CNP “a little known club of a few hundred of the most powerful conservatives in the country…”

https://extranewsfeed.com/americas-taliban-the-council-for-national-policy-to-which-kellyanne-bannon-the-devos-family-7465f1754ca4

13 hours ago, jakeem said:

The lies come and go, but Trump's deeper convictions really are in plain sight. And they are, at root, the same as those of the strongmen he associates with and most admires. @sullydish writes

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/07/andrew-sullivan-why-trump-has-such-a-soft-spot-for-russia.html?utm_campaign=nym&utm_medium=s1&utm_source=tw

yZ48jq_Y?format=jpg&name=600x314

trump does not like and denigrates Canada's Trudeau, the UK's May and Germany's Merkel because they are not fascist dictators.