Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

Trump vs. Mueller investigation?

257 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

NPRVerified account @NPR 4h4 hours ago

Breaking: A federal court judge has ruled that former Trump Campaign chairman Paul Manafort must go to jail ahead of his trial because he has violated the conditions of his bail.

(witness tampering)

:)

Marshall CohenVerified account @MarshallCohen 3h3 hours ago

Prosecutors said Manafort used a method called "foldering" to covertly talk to people. It's not that complicated:

He made an email account and shared the password. He wrote messages but saved them as drafts, never sending actual emails.

Other guys open the draft, read it, delete.

George Will was an interview guest on Bill Maher's show last night, and he gave a rather convincing explanation on how the Mueller investigation will most likely be ruled unconstitutional. He cited some rule that states that anyone in Mueller's position has to be nominated by the president and then confirmed by Congress, neither of which was the case for Mueller's appointment. And thus anything that has happened in the investigation so far, be it rulings, prosecutions, evidence gathered, everything...will be ruled fruit of the poisoned tree and thrown out. It should be noted that Will is not a Trump supporter, and he relayed his information with sad resignation, rather than tactical glee. 

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

George Will was an interview guest on Bill Maher's show last night, and he gave a rather convincing explanation on how the Mueller investigation will most likely be ruled unconstitutional. He cited some rule that states that anyone in Mueller's position has to be nominated by the president and then confirmed by Congress, neither of which was the case for Mueller's appointment. And thus anything that has happened in the investigation so far, be it rulings, prosecutions, evidence gathered, everything...will be ruled fruit of the poisoned tree and thrown out. It should be noted that Will is not a Trump supporter, and he relayed his information with sad resignation, rather than tactical glee. 

I don't think Bill Clinton nominated Ken Starr.  Mueller was appointed by the Department of Justice.  I would hope that gives him the clearance he needs.

38 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

I don't think Bill Clinton nominated Ken Starr.  Mueller was appointed by the Department of Justice.  I would hope that gives him the clearance he needs.

We'll see. George Will said that it would take a lawyer for Manafort or any of the others who have been indicted to challenge on that basis, and then it would likely proceed to a Supreme Court decision. So none of that happens quickly, and as far as I know, no one has actually issued a challenge on this basis as of yet.

Trey Gowdy who got a gold watch for his time on the Bengazi and Clinton Investigations called for Mueller to end his investigation into the Russian interference in the American election system as it has gone on far too long and has yielded nothing.   What Bizarro World is this dude living on?

• Haha 1

Senator warns Trump might use SCOTUS nominee to undermine Mueller probe

.....“[Trump] is a subject of an ongoing criminal investigation — an investigation that every member of this committee knows could end up before the Supreme Court,” Booker said. “And we have a president who has, in the past — has seemed to be asking people for loyalty tests, who has seemed to have litmus tests in regard to this investigation.”

That, Booker noted, could have significant implications in the process of selecting a Supreme Court nominee.

“And so, if we’re not going to thoroughly discuss what it means to have a president with this ongoing investigation happening who is now going to interview Supreme Court justices, and potentially continue with his tradition of doing litmus tests, loyalty tests, for that person, we could be participating in a process that could undermine that criminal investigation.”........

https://shareblue.com/senator-cory-booker-trump-might-use-scotus-nominee-undermine-mueller-probe/

• Thanks 1

The Russia Investigations: Big Implications For The New Supreme Court Justice

.......This week, Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy announced his retirement effective July 31. Trump is planning to nominate a replacement soon, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., expects to get the person confirmed and onto the high court expeditiously.

Meaning what? The political importance of Trump's new Supreme Court justice cannot be overstated. The president's nominee will likely complete a five-vote majority of conservatives that could take the country in a new direction on the biggest constitutional questions.

The new justice also would be part of a Supreme Court that could play an important future role in any faceoff between Trump and Mueller......

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/30/624701329/the-russia-investigations-big-implications-for-the-new-supreme-court-justice?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20180630

Putting a Face to the Risks Posed by GOP Games on Mueller Investigation

"........I’m making this public now because a David Ignatius report Thursday maps out an imminent deal with Russia and Israel that sounds like what was described to me within hours of the election. This deal appears to be the culmination of an effort that those involved in the Russian attack worked to implement within hours after the election.

The other reason I’m disclosing this now is to put a human face to the danger in which the House Republicans are putting other people who, like me, provided information about the Russian attack on the US to the government.

I t infuriates me to observe (and cover) a months-long charade by the House GOP to demand more and more details about those who have shared information with the government, at least some of whom were only trying to prevent real damage to innocent people, all in an attempt to discredit the Mueller investigation. As someone who has worked to rein in dragnets for over a decade, I’m all the more disgusted to see so many lifelong cheerleaders of surveillance pretend to care now....

This investigation is not, primarily, an investigation into Donald Trump. It’s an investigation into people who attacked the United States. It’s time Republicans started acting like that matters."

https://www.emptywheel.net/2018/07/03/putting-a-face-mine-to-the-risks-posed-by-gop-games-on-mueller-investigation/

• Thanks 1

Why Trump’s inauguration money is a major part of Mueller’s Russia investigation

Russia-tied donations and oligarch connections have drawn Mueller’s interest.

....there have long been serious questions about the money behind Trump’s inauguration — and where, exactly, it went. Trump’s inaugural committee raised a truly astonishing $106.7 million, double the previous record set by Barack Obama’s 2009 inaugural. But what they did with it isn’t so clear.

In a report for ProPublica and WNYC by Ilya Marritz earlier this year, the chair of George W. Bush’s second inauguration, Greg Jenkins, said he was baffled. “They had a third of the staff and a quarter of the events and they raise at least twice as much as we did,” he said. “So there’s the obvious question: Where did it go?.......

https://www.vox.com/2018/7/5/17505728/trump-inauguration-mueller-russians-rick-gates

<_<

• Thanks 1

I find it hilarious that several posters on these boards pump out the most outlandish conspiracy theories on a daily basis while at the same time cannot even imagine that Russia interfered in the election or that anyone on Trump's campaign colluded with them.

• Like 3

A Swing-State Election Vendor Repeatedly Denied Being Hacked by Russians.

The New Mueller Indictment Says Otherwise.

....... Russian military hackers tried to trick employees of VR Systems, a Florida-based e-voting vendor, into downloading computer-hijacking malware, according to a top-secret NSA report published by The Intercept last year. As recently as last month, the company denied any breach had occurred. But, in fact, the hacking attempt worked, judging from an indictment of 12 Russian military officers prepared by Special Counsel Robert Mueller and handed down by a grand jury today. ......

https://theintercept.com/2018/07/13/a-swing-state-election-vendor-repeatedly-denied-being-hacked-by-russians-new-mueller-indictment-says-otherwise/

Mentioned in today's inditement is that someone running for Congress reached out and made contact with Guccifer 2.0 and requested dirt on their opponent.

As one pundit said, contacting Guccifer 2.0 was not like googling some question.  The Guccifer contact information had to be floating about in some specific circles.

Four intriguing lines in Mueller indictment

".......The hacks may not have changed the results of the 2016 election, but the effects were very real. It was as though a team's entire playbook was revealed just days before the Super Bowl. While the rules of football weren't changed and the scoreboard wasn't surreptitiously altered, that doesn't mean the outcome of the contest wasn't affected.

That, then, is the big picture revelation from Mr Mueller's most recent indictment - which comes in addition to the already announced indictments and plea agreements from 20 individuals and three Russian companies. The 29-page court filing contains a variety of other details and revelations that add to the growing picture of alleged Russian election meddling which the Mueller team is outlining.

'Russia, if you're listening…"

"I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

The line shocked many at the time and has been cited repeatedly since then as evidence that Mr Trump was actively encouraging Russian attempts to acquire and disseminate emails from Mrs Clinton and her team......

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44829972?ocid=socialflow_twitter

34 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Four intriguing lines in Mueller indictment

".......The hacks may not have changed the results of the 2016 election, but the effects were very real. It was as though a team's entire playbook was revealed just days before the Super Bowl. While the rules of football weren't changed and the scoreboard wasn't surreptitiously altered, that doesn't mean the outcome of the contest wasn't affected.

That, then, is the big picture revelation from Mr Mueller's most recent indictment - which comes in addition to the already announced indictments and plea agreements from 20 individuals and three Russian companies. The 29-page court filing contains a variety of other details and revelations that add to the growing picture of alleged Russian election meddling which the Mueller team is outlining.

'Russia, if you're listening…"

"I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

The line shocked many at the time and has been cited repeatedly since then as evidence that Mr Trump was actively encouraging Russian attempts to acquire and disseminate emails from Mrs Clinton and her team......

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44829972?ocid=socialflow_twitter

And as it was revealed today Russia did listen and tried to do Trump's bidding that very day.