Sign in to follow this  
rayban

Neglected Performances by Young Actors in World-Class Films

82 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Hibi said:

The article clears up why the film felt so odd to me when I saw it (not until it was shown on tv). It didnt seem like a Peter Sellers film, and though he had top billing, the film revolved around the 2 girls, not him. They dominated the film and had the most screen time. Editing can really change the focus of a film. I dont think the film would've been as good if it had concentrated on Sellers. Thanks again for the article!

The film was adapted into a Broadway musical a few years later, but it was not a success, though the score was recorded. (Don Ameche in Sellers role). Henry, Sweet Henry.

You're Welcome Hibi :) I Love the World of Henry Orient. I saw it when it was first released. I was a year or so younger than the roles Walker and Spaeth played so I could relate to them and I grew up in NY so the location shots were great to see. I have the film and I always try to watch whenever it's shown on TCM it's a favorite of mine.

George Roy Hill is also one of my favorite directors, so it's a little uncomfortable reading about his rumored relationship with Walker. Considering the great films he's directed, The Sting, Butch Cassidy, etc, Hill has said that The World of Henry Orient was his favorite of the films he's directed. 

Yes, I love it too. It's one of my favorite 60s movies. I was surprised to read that too about Hill. (I like him as well). But it doesnt sound like it progressed very far.

• Like 1

Although it is not a world-class film, "Stephen King's Silver Bullet", still a very effective horror film, should be remembered for its' very effective performance by Corey Haim, as the very crippled, but hardly helpless teen, Marty Coslaw -

Screen-Shot-2018-01-14-at-3.28.09-PM.png

• Like 1

Cody Arens as seven-year-old Jason Hasek in Penny Marshall's 2001 film, "Riding In Cars With Boys" -

riding-cars-boys-2001.jpg?w=1261&h=1264&

Skippy Homeier as Emil, the Nazi-obsessed youg boy in "Tomorrow The World" -

TomorrowtheWorld1944.93556_070620180928.

(An unforgettable performance, but the film is marred by "a happy ending".)

1 hour ago, cigarjoe said:

Bobby Driscoll in The Window

TW05%2B-%2BCopy.jpg

Yes, it's a genuinely great performance.