spence

Both "KANE" & "SOIERRA MADRE" topped tcm's "Guest Programmers-(over 105 td) fagvorite film list

6 posts in this topic

As most are aware, my files all was come first & I tallied up all over approx. (106)M TCM "Guest Programmers" (GP's) last week & it's almost a deadheat for fans on all/most including "KANE" & "THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE" as the most selected by monthly GP's on the network

Very tight race, maybe "CITIZEN KANE" got only about 3 more selections, at best & remember each "GP" is limited to only (4)

PLEASE COMMENT & I THANK YOU!

?

SORRY AGAIN FOR SCREWING U HEADING, By no means feeling & or doing well

4 hours ago, spence said:

SORRY AGAIN FOR SCREWING U HEADING, By no means feeling & or doing well

Sorry you're not feeling so well. Hang in there.

Thanks for doing all that research. They're both great movies. Citizen Kane has pretty much stayed at the top of the AFI Top 100 Movies list, but The Treasure of the Sierra Madre is way down, at around #30, which I think is too low. I'm glad it's such a favorite of the Guest Programmers.

I've always wondered how much the Guest Programmers get to choose and how much they're following TCM guidelines. I think I remember someone saying on these Boards a while back that the movies were sort of worked out between them, but I can't say for sure.

4 hours ago, DougieB said:

Sorry you're not feeling so well. Hang in there.

Thanks for doing all that research. They're both great movies. Citizen Kane has pretty much stayed at the top of the AFI Top 100 Movies list, but The Treasure of the Sierra Madre is way down, at around #30, which I think is too low. I'm glad it's such a favorite of the Guest Programmers.

I've always wondered how much the Guest Programmers get to choose and how much they're following TCM guidelines. I think I remember someone saying on these Boards a while back that the movies were sort of worked out between them, but I can't say for sure.

THANX! & it must easily rank among *Oscars biggest rippoffs when *Bogart wasn't even nommed as Dobbs that year  See, by  then he was more a leading man & ladies still wanted that type of character & obviously Dobbs was not, nonetheless0(HIS FINEST HOUR OF ACTING) Plus it was a $B.O.$ failure?

Official Best Actor nominees that year were:

*Olivier in "Hamlet"-(WON)

Richard Todd, "Hasty Heart"

Lew Ayres, "Johnny Belinda"

Dan Dailey, "When My Baby Smiles at Me" & Monty Clift, "The Search"  YOU DECIDE WHO SHOULDA' BEEN BUMPED?

& run over to the legendary Sight and Sound Survey-(BFI)

Just now, spence said:

THANX! & it must easily rank among *Oscars biggest rippoffs when *Bogart wasn't even nommed as Dobbs that year  See, by  then he was more a leading man & ladies still wanted that type of character & obviously Dobbs was not, nonetheless0(HIS FINEST HOUR OF ACTING) Plus it was a $B.O.$ failure?

Official Best Actor nominees that year were:

*Olivier in "Hamlet"-(WON)

Richard Todd, "Hasty Heart"

Lew Ayres, "Johnny Belinda"

Dan Dailey, "When My Baby Smiles at Me" & Monty Clift, "The Search"  YOU DECIDE WHO SHOULDA' BEEN BUMPED?

& run over to the legendary Sight and Sound Survey-(BFI)

I woulda' nominated him in Ayres slot  & Eddie G., superb in "Key Largo" also that  year