spence

AFI's biggest sins of omissioin!

2 posts in this topic

Most reading this already know that unlike *Uncle Oscar the annual lifetime achievement award-est 1967). Though they did not start this honor until 1973 & *Ford was very first to accept it dying shortly after & unlike the *AcademyAwards & said recipient must this award in person.  (HENCEL no *Kate, Garbo, *Brando & others)  *Cagney was the next & even though I was once a card-carrying member I couldn'teven  get it, though years later got to tape it & *Jack Ford's on vhs anyway.

QUESTION POISED IS WHO DO YOIU FILM BUFFS TRULY THINK DESERVED IT?  (P.S. *Clooney is the next AFI recipient by the way)

I own 7 on vhs & a nice guy no longer with AFI actuallymailed me posters, booklets& those 2 "AFI's 100yrs...100 Stars" & it's first from '98.

So whats your top pix for whom deserved ths coveted award & would be preset to accept it?My top five are as follows & see if you agree wuth me or not

1st *Chaplin

2. John Wayne

3. Cary  Grant

4. *Ingrid Bergman

5th Bob Hope

5th biggest snub must go to *Ginger(Ms. RKO) Rogers

PLEASE SEHD IN YOUR COMMENTS & AGAIN, RECIPIENT MUST PERSONALLY ACCEPT AFI AWARD IN PESON

THANX

• Like 1

GONE. *"THE GREAT: SPENCER TRACY"(900-67) WAS GPONE BY 1973 & HE DETESTED THESE TYPE OF AWARDS ANYWAY

& almost 4-got Robert Mitchum?